Gaining

Can friends make you gain weight?

My wife a few months ago switched companies in the same industry and has reunited with a work friend from years ago.

Her and this work friend worked together at the same company together many years ago and became very close working together and used to hang out a lot together even away from work. Since she has started working together again she has been talking about her a lot and they have become extremely close again. They basically work together all day every day heading up the marketing team for this company. I met this woman many times and thought she was very nice. She is attractive and averaged size back when I met her years ago. My wife happened to be talking business with me the other night and I mentioned something about the other woman's hair or something and I am not sure how it came out but my wife said her hair is still really long but she is now really chunky. First off my wife, even though she considers herself Chunky or Fat tends to use that term loosely back in the day but in the last few years has been a little more spot on. So I said "chunky? so what, she gained 10 Lbs.?" She said "No, she is heavy now, a lot bigger than me". This woman is probably 5' 8" tall so I then said "ya, she is a lot taller than you". She said "yes, I know, well you will see her, you will even think she is Fat now."

So firstly the FA/weight gain enthusiast in me got a rush and was pretty turned on hearing my wife tell me about this not only because this friend is now Fat, which I always think is sexy but just to hear my wife talk about weight gain in itself is sexy to me. Next I couldn't stop to think about before my wife was going to switch companies and knowing not only this friend but a couple of other former employees from many years ago already worked there and how she was a bit insecure about how much she has gained since working with all of them many years ago. So after the first week many months ago she was totally at ease and now I know why, because her friend gained a lot more weight than she had gained. So I started reading up on weight gain among friends that are fatter and it said that there has been studies showing that friends mold eating habits and patterns whether they be slim, then you will take on their habits or if they are fat you will eventually take on their eating habits etc. Also if your concerned with your size and see your best friend being way bigger than you set the bar next to your friend and 10,15, even 30 Lbs. will be noticeable but you will compare it next to your close friend and if they are still bigger it won't necessarily bother you as bad as if you were comparing yourself next to a thin friend. All of it seemed really legitimate.

I was wondering if any of you agree with this or this has actually happened to you or you have seen it happen to anyone else?
8 years

I know that they obesity experts have declared obesity as a contagious disease. However, it is not because it is contagious, but because they can get more grant money if they are studying a contagious disease.
8 years

I read that if a woman has larger friends, they will gain weight themselves.
8 years

I've seen several of my thin friends end up heavier due to hanging out with heavier ladies at work so i'd say the idea is well founded.

Most the reputable articles I've seen claimed that since it is a matter of lifestyle the people around you the most are influenced the strongest. So if you tend to eat large portions people around you are more likely to eat more because it doesn't seem as bad. If they put on a few pounds and they have a fat friend to compare themselves to they are more likely to play it down. It really boils down to a case of "I might be bad but at least i'm not..."
Therefore, revel in your fat and gaining lifestyle and it'll make people around you fatter.
8 years

GainingLear:
I've seen several of my thin friends end up heavier due to hanging out with heavier ladies at work so i'd say the idea is well founded.

Most the reputable articles I've seen claimed that since it is a matter of lifestyle the people around you the most are influenced the strongest. So if you tend to eat large portions people around you are more likely to eat more because it doesn't seem as bad. If they put on a few pounds and they have a fat friend to compare themselves to they are more likely to play it down. It really boils down to a case of "I might be bad but at least i'm not..."
Therefore, revel in your fat and gaining lifestyle and it'll make people around you fatter.

Well I definitely hope My wife and her friend fatten up a lot more together sharing many lunches and snacks in meetings. Hopefully here comes 30+ Lbs. to my wives sexy fluffier figure.
8 years

One of my favorite things coming out of these studies is the fact that most people have an outdated mental image in their head and see themselves as smaller than they currently are. So if you have 2 large people they can both be the others fat friend.
8 years

Good news in my situation I guess....based on this study.
8 years

I keep having this recurring dream that this co worker to my wife and sister who works for the same company in a different dept. are trying to fatten my wife up.

Like I said before all three of them new other other a long time ago and the sister was the tallest of all of them and quite slim back then but I have been told by my wife that she is even heavier than my wives friend.

So the dream is of them always eating lunch together and snacking in the break room on cookies and treats. True to my dream my wife can never turn down cookies or any sweet snacks.....i fact she always sacrifices larger entrees just to fill up later on sweets. So, in my dream the two sisters are caught snickering about getting my wife to keep eating more cookies and pieces of left over cake from the break room after some pretty big fattening lunches they all go to together. The one sister mentions that doing this is probably going to have an effect on their fattened figures as well. The other one giggles a bit and say's who cares it's not like we are not already fat now anyways. The other say's agrees and say's you are right about that....as she say's it is just so cute how she keep's snacking now in the break room even after us two fatties are completely full. They both laugh together as they walk out and my wife is still chewing with a mouthful behind them.

I always wake up right when the two other women are poking fun at my wife and saying to her that she will soon be as fat as they are with all the eating she is doing and as I see my wife in the dream...she has a cute look on her face as her mouth is full with some food from the break room.

I guess all these great stories in the forum is subconsciously getting n my mind with this new sexy potential adventure.

My wife doesn't seem like her appetite has become to much bigger in real life but she certainly look's to have gained a few Lbs. with her working with her friend and sister......maybe my dream will come true.
8 years

I do have one GF that I spend lots of time with and she has gained some.
She says my fat is rubbing off on her.
8 years

Nomoreskinnygirl:
My husband has succumbed to a trap of his own making (helping me gain weight). heehee I noticed yesterday he was straining the buttons on his XL shirt. Earlier in our relationship, if I was gaining, he was dieting, and vice versa. But now we're both fat. I think we're doomed at this point. 😁

LOL What's good for the goose, is good for the gander, I guess. Glad you're enjoying the experience :-)
8 years