Gaining

Are you curious about gaining?

Try the chubby for Christmas challenge.

I propose a challenge for anyone who is curious about how it would look and feel to intentionally gain weight but is not yet sure about taking the plunge.

A simple challenge to do a small gain either 5 or 10 percent of your initial body weight over the 6 weeks of festivities leading up to New Year's Day.

A gain of 5 or 10 percent should not be to obvious and would be able to be concealed yet would be enough for you to feel the difference and provide reason for a exciting, stimulating and carefree six weeks of intentional overindulgence. Christmas and new year are known for feasting and parties so letting go a bit over this period should be easy and not raise to many questions.

An average female (in the uk at least) weighs in at 150 lbs or so that would equate to either be 7.5lbs for a 5 percent weight gain or 15lbs for 10 percent gain. To intentionally gain 10 percent extra body weight would require an average female to eat around an extra 300 or so calories per day or roughly 20% more daily food Intake over the six week period, an easily achievable amount.

The extra weight should not be so significant that it could not be lost it if desired at the end of the challenge.

Come New Year's Day it is your choice to wether make a resolution to loose the weight or if you decide you like the new chub keep it and possibly gain further.

The challenge is open to anyone male or female and curious about gaining but not yet doing so and supposed to be a source of fun, mutual gaining and encouragement. Ideally participants would provide weekly updates through the gainers section and pictures but this is not essential. There is no prize other than your own personal satisfaction.

So people who is up for partaking?
8 years

So we have our first two brave participants!!!

Who else is ready for the challenge, prepared to try expanding there horizons with a gluttonous six weeks of feasting.

Curoius, want to know what it would look like, how you would feel? does your partner want you bigger, but you are not sure?

Give it a try with a small Christmas gain and a resolution at new year to either loose or keep your new found pudge.

Let's see if we can get the number of participants up to five and then beyond.
8 years

Well it time to take the plunge and see what happens, I going to start now and get a head start before the holidays smiley
8 years

I think this sounds like an awesome challenge, its ideal for new gainers or people who just want to push themselves to gain more over the holidays.

Personally I'm in the same boat as MissPorker, i think it sounds amazing but it doesn't scale well. For those just starting 20 pounds may be your 10% goal but someone my size that's 5% so I think I'll stay on the sidelines and cheer y'all on.
8 years

So time is getting near any more takers?
8 years

FatHairyandQueer:
How will we track this? Just through this post? I'm in! I'm currently 165lbs, and 5% is just a little over 8lbs, putting my goal at 173. If I reach it before the holidays, I'll see if I want to go for 10% smiley

Why not use the gainers system built into FF for tracking? Reporting in is interesting but the gainers system also helpfully graphs your progress so you can see it and if you decide to keep going you've already got a good start set up.
8 years

olivegains:
I'm in. My 10% is a really small amount so is it ok if I bump it up to 20% as my ultimate goal, but keep 10% as my back up? Lol

Sounds good to me :-)
8 years

Can't wait to see it JB *giggle*
8 years

Less than 6 weeks to New Years day, I guess that means the challenge has officially started :-)

Obviously any newcomers are welcome to join, but there will be some catching up to do.

Time to get stuffing and enjoy a bit of gluttony.
8 years

Bigsurprise:
I am already up to 162. This colder weather is making me want to eat nonstop. I think my body wants to add a layer of insulating fat for the winter.

well done it seems like your body is adapting very nicely to the long winter nights and we are only at the end of november and with the extra cravings i say keep in the warm and enjoy your indulging
8 years
12   loading