forum  recipes

peanut butter & brown sugar on toast2 years

This is a quick, simple, cheap and fattening snack that you can eat any time of the day. I usually eat it right before bed. smiley

Take fresh white bread, sliced and toast it to your liking. Slather on smooth peanut butter over the still-hot toast so it gets a bit melted. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the peanut-buttery toast until it's pretty evenly covered; then eat it up. smiley

I love to wash down 4 pieces of toast done up this way, with a big glass of milk.

Hope you enjoy it!

sounds like heavenly!

That sounds awesome!

I will give this a try. How many calories per slice done up this way? What's the max number of slices have you had at one time w/ milk?

boundandfeed:
I will give this a try. How many calories per slice done up this way? What's the max number of slices have you had at one time w/ milk?

I have no idea about calorie content. It would vary depending on the type of peanut butter, how much you use and how much sugar you add.

The max for me was 4 slices.

An interesting option is to slather it first with butter.

And if you're looking for a healthier version, put sliced bananas on. I keep hearing that bananas = guaranteed belly-fat, but putting that aside, they are a super-food, very healthy. Peanut butter + banana is a kind of dream combo, including protein, potassium and usually quite inexpensive to find.