forum  lifestyle tips

avoiding heart burn/acid reflux?3 months

I just started getting back in the swing of intentionally gaining, but all the greasy fattening treats are giving me some serious heart burn/acid reflux when I'm trying to sleep. Is there anything you guys could recommend I do to avoid it, or some easy ways to treat it?

Soda for burps. Settles stomach too.

Sleep on your left side. Wife is a nurse. A fat nurse. She told me this and it works.

Avoid tomato sauce.

I found walking a little and digesting before bed helps. Also if you do sleep on a really full stomach I found not sleeping flat on my back helped.

avoiding heart burn/acid reflux?1 month

Finally Fat:
Soda for burps. Settles stomach too.

Sleep on your left side. Wife is a nurse. A fat nurse. She told me this and it works.

Avoid tomato sauce.
the left side thing really does work!

I know the problem. I have a big appetite and my stomach suffers sometimes of reflux. What really helps is bicarbonate. One spoon of bicarbonate in a bit water. It cause burps (heavy burps, I warn you) and that helps. You can buy it everywhere. Good luck 🍀

Yes.....when I was intentionally gaining I would get this more than I usually would. I thought it was because of all the fattening food, huge bloated full gut and just being stuffed to the max at all times.
Good to know a few of these options to try next time.

Has anyone when they were gaining possibly to fast from over stuffing all the time.....have shortness of breath and chest pains?

sodium bicarbonate after meals... not between meals