forum  lifestyle tips

acne from weight gain?6 months

Has anyone experienced an increase of acne after gaining weight?

I have put on about 10-15kg over the last six months or so, and it wasn't until recently that I have been getting some pimples on my cheeks, and one or two near my lips.

Can acne be a thing that comes with weight gain? Is it normal?

Have you been eating greasy foods? Could just be grease leaving behind residue on your face, which would give you acne.

captain videogameman:
Have you been eating greasy foods? Could just be grease leaving behind residue on your face, which would give you acne.

Well I do love french fries!! 🍟🍟

No,it's just your age.I had bad acne from 15 to about 23.It would flare up from time to time...nothing to do with weight gain.
It's a commonly believed myth that it has a dietary cause eg greasy skin through eating greasy food! Nothing to do with diet...it's hormones and your age.

What causes acne is pores getting blocked and can happen through various reasons e.g. sweat.

Easiest way to counter this is to keep your face clean, may be getting some cleaning cream.

acne from weight gain?5 months

Myjeansdontfit:
An increase in dairy fat always does it to me... heavy cream, more butter, half & half... I'm afraid it's just part of the food we eat. Although, im puzzled because you say this is a recent thing? Hmmm.
Any dietary change recently?

Well, I haven't really changed the kinds of food I eat, I've just been eating more. I feel like I am more prone to getting acne since gaining weight.

Don't be ashamed! I don't miND acne on guy's faces, and acne on a chubby belly is a turn on for me.

That happens only when you gain weight by having oily foods a lot.
seo company world