forum  fat experiences

is it better to ask permission or ask forgiveness2 weeks

Hey everybody, just wanted your opinions on this one! Feel free to be creative. Openness is key to understanding 😃

So, in a relationship (and mainly in the bedroom or while cuddling), is it better to ask permission to do something adventurous and new? Or is it better to try it and then apologize if the person isn't okay/down with it?

Again openness is welcomed

When it comes to bedroom stuff, permission, always, no exceptions.

As you say, openness is key, and communicating desires is being open. Asking for forgiveness is just taking what you want and hoping the other person will put up with your shit.

Ask permission.

embsmu:
When it comes to bedroom stuff, permission, always, no exceptions.

This. Even if you only ask them, "is it okay if we try something new?" Bedroom activities should always be consensual.

. I think it does depend on how well you know the person as well though - one time with someone I really bonded with, and we trusted each other, they just said "surprise me" and so I did, and it was amazing (well according to them).

But one should ONLY do this sort of thing if the person is open to being surprised and says so - just so no one confuses what I am saying with just doing something they don't expect at all.

So yeah, in a FEW cases there are people who want you to surprise them, and usually only if they REALLY REALLY trust you a lot as a person and know you would not hurt them. I must add though this person was WAAAY more sexually experienced than me, and had seen it all anyway.

is it better to ask permission or ask forgiveness2 days

The only situation in which you should not be asking permission if if you have already arranged ahead of time for some sort of consensual non-consent type situation.