forum  lifestyle tips

how do you stay motivated?2 months

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem. I always go through almost weekly on and off phases of wanting to gain and also being okay with where I'm at. I've only tried to gain twice and after a few days I gave up; it's so exhausting eating and eating all the time. 😥 How do you stay motivated, especially if you know your family won't hold back when it becomes noticeable?

how do you stay motivated?2 months

Dazedandconfused:
I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem. I always go through almost weekly on and off phases of wanting to gain and also being okay with where I'm at. I've only tried to gain twice and after a few days I gave up; it's so exhausting eating and eating all the time. 😥 How do you stay motivated, especially if you know your family won't hold back when it becomes noticeable?

Perhaps go for a more slow burn approach (upping how much you snack, ordering higher calorie food, etc.) rather than trying to gain a lot quickly? It'd be less taxing, and it'd be more of a gradual change for your family to get used to.

Of course, that's very dependent on your metabolism, though!

how do you stay motivated?3 weeks

I like to watch on beautiful slim women on instagram. That inspires me a lot!

how do you stay motivated?4 days

Personally, I prefer to use professional help if it's necessary. It's more efficient and much more effective. A few months ago I signed up for personal development program here. I think that personal coachs are not only for sports. My personal coach helps me to avoid slipping back into repetitive behavioural patterns and move towards my goals faster. He motivates me to start creating the life that I want to be living in.

how do you stay motivated?3 days

Gainig comes in phases, especially if you don't have a SO who is supporting you. If you find all the eating exhausting and don't have a feeder to provide certain incentives to motivate, try drinking most of your calories. Heavy cream and vegetable oil are both incredibly dense sources of calories that can be added to a shake. Butter can be put into just about any food to provide a significant boost in density. Eat smart if you don't like eating a lot.

Going back to the idea of phases, confidence and are passion the same way. Some days you may have an intense almost frantic desire to get fatter, while the next day you may feel like losing weight. I would recommend really doing some soul searching before deciding to put on more than 30 pounds. Truly losing weight and keeping it off permanently is an exceptionally difficult thing to do. If you aren't 100% onboard the gain train I would not recommend actively gaining as being fat may make you miserable somewhere down the road. Just go with the flow for a bit and see if you're truly happy where you are now. If after a couple of months of regular living you still feel like putting on some weight, do it.

In short: take it easy, enjoy life (and good food), you'll find daily life will have the answer to whether or not you're cut out to be an active gainer.

Eat smart as others have mentioned is what I've been doing. Today I've had 5,500 calories before 4PM and felt great without lardly er I mean hardly trying at all smiley +1 on the heavy cream and oil, I use coconut, flax seed and grape seed oils.

Coconut and grapeseed oils are wonderful as they have no (real) taste to them smiley Flax seed has a bit of a nutty taste to it.

As far as motivation that can be damn near anything. For me I love seeing how much bigger my belly gets and how tighter it looks in my motorcycle and snowboard jackets smiley

If eating tires you out just eat normally the entire day, then make a 2k calorie shake before bed. Very easy to get 2k calories into a small shake.

Just enjoy some good food and don't worry about it!

Though I find it helps to eat a little something when you're sleepy. It doesn't have to be a ton, just a nice snack right before you go to bed.

august:
If eating tires you out just eat normally the entire day, then make a 2k calorie shake before bed. Very easy to get 2k calories into a small shake.

^
This.

1 cup of heavy cream,
2 cups of whole milk
1/4 cup nesquick,
boom 1340 calories,
add a 1/4 of oil and you add 480 calories and 56grams of glorious fat smiley

Dazedandconfused:
How do you stay motivated, especially if you know your family won't hold back when it becomes noticeable?

You can't avoid negative reactions from family and friends. This is something all gainers have to face at some point, and it's what makes a lot of people stop gaining. You can practice how you might handle their reactions, so you're more prepared if and when they bring up your eating and weight.

If your family is controlling and fat phobic, I'd suggest telling them you're eating healthy and exercising regularly, just to get them off your back. You can tell them you've been to see a doctor and your blood work was normal, and that you're following the doctor's suggestions and implementing the suggested healthy eating/exercise plan to lose weight.

They will eventually get used to seeing you fat but may never accept it, so you may eventually have to set some boundaries. Try not to let your weight turn into an argument - just calmly tell them that your weight is no longer an acceptable topic of conversation and that if they continue to talk about it you will remove yourself from their presence.
1 page 1 of 2   loading