forum  general

depression3 days

Don't know if this helps at all, but I've found it helps to treat depressive spells like a virus.

It's not your fault, it's not someone else's fault.
Something just comes on you like an existential disease, and you just have to weather it out like you would a hideous fever.

At least that's how I feel.

depression3 days

My son used to suffer from depression and was even suicidal. He took Prozac and went to a therapist, but I think the thing that helped him the most was getting a part-time physical job and staying busy. Rejecting most tradition values and embracing punk culture didnít help much with his self-esteem, but he wonít give it up at this time. I do my best to help him stay positive.

depression3 days

ChubbyTubby:
My son used to suffer from depression and was even suicidal. He took Prozac and went to a therapist, but I think the thing that helped him the most was getting a part-time physical job and staying busy. Rejecting most tradition values and embracing punk culture didn�t help much with his self-esteem, but he won�t give it up at this time. I do my best to help him stay positive.

I support you there. Helping people suffering from depression isn't always easy. I've been there before, and I always feel sorry for my parents who had to endure most of their time with me. But I grew up and got rid of most of it though. Yeah, I do know what it's like to be in a similar situation.

depression3 days

Ravenous15:
I also have anxiety, but I'm getting treatment for that.
Having someone to listen to you is indeed a must. If you like, I can be that person for you.
I usually don't have anything new I can post or reply to these days, except for a couple of emails or pm's.
Feel free to talk to me.

I also do arts, as in sculpting and painting.
I'm developping my own style at it, as my teacher describes it, and only want to do better from now on.

Whats funny is that I am seeing so.done about it also. The funny thing is I got a degree in social work and they say social workers make the worst clients. Lol.
In my studies, research and input from my professors I seemed to develop methods in how to lessen the anxiety and make it manageable. Stuff like journaling, talking, drawing and mantras. I draw so much I'm gonna start selling them soon, lol. Not everyrhing is perfect though, I still on occasion have my mini meltdowns.

depression21 hours

Applepieinthesky:
It's a dark demon. And it's swallowed me again smiley
Any coping strategies? I don't want to go back on antidepressants.

It's a matter of degree of course, as some days one will find harder than others. But there are a few things one can do.

I find that being active (and that can be seated at a computer... i don't mean physically active) rather than passive helps. When the mind is choosing something and doing something, we are less likely to be overwhelmed by our feelings. Call it denial if you want. But I feel less pain if I am busy.
2 page 2 of 2   loading