forum  weightgain

the more i eat the more weight i lose3 weeks

I want to gain weight but I keep losing it the more I eat! Can someone help me?

ChromePon3:
I want to gain weight but I keep losing it the more I eat! Can someone help me?

Are you diabetic?

This is actually quite common. Sometimes the body increases the metabolism and tries to burn off the extra calories in a process called adaptive thermogenesis. The only way to beat it is to consistently overeat for a few months, until the body eventually adjusts.

There are a few other reasons someone would lose weight while eating a lot:
1. They are actually not eating enough even though they think they are
2. They have some kind of health issues (usually a gastrointestinal issue) that prevents them from absorbing all the nutrients from the food.

If you tell me your age, weight, height and activity level I can let you know how much you should be eating to gain.

ApronDoubleBelly:
Are you diabetic?

Tbh I might be but I havent been checked in a while

the more i eat the more weight i lose4 days

august:
This is actually quite common. Sometimes the body increases the metabolism and tries to burn off the extra calories in a process called adaptive thermogenesis. The only way to beat it is to consistently overeat for a few months, until the body eventually adjusts.

There are a few other reasons someone would lose weight while eating a lot:
1. They are actually not eating enough even though they think they are
2. They have some kind of health issues (usually a gastrointestinal issue) that prevents them from absorbing all the nutrients from the food.

If you tell me your age, weight, height and activity level I can let you know how much you should be eating to gain.

Im 18, 180, 56 and moderately active

the more i eat the more weight i lose4 days

Without any exercise, you'd need around 3500 calories to gain a pound a week, and around 4k to gain 2 lbs a week. I'd suggest tracking your calories in an app for a week to make sure you're eating enough.