Gaining

Fat?

Hi, Desan,

Welcome to FF, first of all.

Secondly, obesity is a medical term, with medical definitions. It isn't subjective.

'Fat', however, is to some extent in the eye of the beholder. There are lots of people whom I don't see as fat, but whose boyfriends and girlfriends think are fat. Where self-image belongs in this doesn't bear thinking about--anorexics see fat people in the mirror, whereas some people in denial see themselves thinner than they are.

Similarly, there's no simple answer to Erin's question. Some people think SSBBW begins at 300, others at 350; if you think in kgs, it might be 150, I guess. For other people, it's a look.

I know this didn't help either of you, but at least you might know some more about the playing field...

J
16 years

Fat?

technically obese starts when the person in question is 20% to 30% overweight, that is to say that they are that much over their "ideal" weight. and I dont suppose that you are there quite yet, for only being 165lbs, but nearly
16 years

Fat?

OniGumo wrote:
technically obese starts when the person in question is 20% to 30% overweight

Hm. I never thought about it this way, but I just tried it out with an online calculator, and no matter if I choose a height of 1 meter or 2.5 meters, it's always exactly 20%... I'm tired now, I have to think about why this is this way tomorrow.

Anyway, at a height of 6 feet he would have to weigh at least 222 pounds to be classified as obese. Desan, I'm not sure if you're authentic, but if you are, maybe you will be glad to hear that if you were female, you'd already have a problem with your waist circumference if you wanted to immigrate to New Zealand. smiley
16 years

Ssbbw

According to the clothing industry, at least in the US, SSBBW starts at size 28W.

You realy can't categorize people by weight, because it depends on height and other factors.
16 years

Fat?

Yeah, there was a case in the media 2 month ago, so I looked it up. If your BMI is 35 or more, or if a man has a waist circumference of 102 cm (40.16 inch) or more, a woman of 88 cm (34.65 inch), you have to do additional tests (glucose, lipids). For Asian and Indian people the limits are even lower. There are quite a couple of people on the NZ immigration forum who try to lose weight because of that.
In Australia they test for diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and arthritis if the BMI is 30 or more.
The reason for these rules is that they don't want immigrants to "cause excessive demand on existing social or health services provided by the government".
16 years

Fat?

Touched wrote:
Yeah, there was a case in the media 2 month ago, so I looked it up. If your BMI is 35 or more, or if a man has a waist circumference of 102 cm (40.16 inch) or more, a woman of 88 cm (34.65 inch), you have to do additional tests (glucose, lipids). For Asian and Indian people the limits are even lower. There are quite a couple of people on the NZ immigration forum who try to lose weight because of that.
In Australia they test for diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and arthritis if the BMI is 30 or more.
The reason for these rules is that they don't want immigrants to "cause excessive demand on existing social or health services provided by the government".

that could be construed as very discriminatory. On such things as this i would have thought that the government would tread a bit more lightly.
16 years