General

Lizzo's twerking controversy

I have wondered why women of color think is cool to be ratchety.
Its not sexy or attractive it just makes them look angry and bitchy all the time.
The black guys I know don't even want to be around them.
I dated a black guy off and on and he called those kind of black women BT 1000s.
Not sure what that means but he is a great guy and really handsome so he deserves a good woman.
4 years

Its not about her size or her skin color really its the bad taste of showing 95% of your bare ass in a public place where families with small kids are.
Its in really bad taste no matter what size a person is.
Women being ratchety has nothing to do with their skin color white women can be that way too.
Would you like to be eating dinner and have a half drunk lady start twearking at the table next to you with your kids there?
Its just a really distasteful rude thing to do.
Size and skin color has nothing to do with it.
4 years

BlimpCityF and Ditzy.... masters of the weak minded racist "I'm not racist but ratchety black (and white! lol wink wink) people are gross as fuck" dog whistle. Never mind the fact that literally every cheerleader I've ever seen have done the same shit every game ever. Half time show performers too. Y'all ever gonna update your 80 year old stale rhetoric or is your brain smooth enough for it to feel like a constantly fresh argument? So god damn pathetic. But I guess if you had any creativity at all you wouldn't even be here making that argument. I guess there was some creativity in throwing in some random fat phobia as well on a fat fetish forum, but not really :/

The only L Lizzo ever took for the community was Doxing an uber eats driver because she didn't go outside to pick up her order and the driver left and Lizzo threw a tantrum
4 years

I wonder for those that are OK with what this plus sized woman did at that game what if your Mother or grandmother got into the "moment" and started twerking and flipping their skirt up and acting like a slut how would you feel about it?
If you try and say oh I would be cool with it you aren't being honest you would be embarrassed that your Mom actually did something like that.
4 years

Ditzy:
I wonder for those that are OK with what this plus sized woman did at that game what if your Mother or grandmother got into the "moment" and started twerking and flipping their skirt up and acting like a slut how would you feel about it?
If you try and say oh I would be cool with it you aren't being honest you would be embarrassed that your Mom actually did something like that.

Lizzo is young so why should we compare her to our mothers and grandmothers? I think there's unconscious bias hidden in that reasoning that you need to confront. Nevertheless, what Lizzo did was shocking. She did it for attention and it worked. Good for her.
4 years

I did say ratchet behavior was done by both white and black women, skin color makes no difference. Why is everything about race anyway?
Its a disgusting thing to do in public period.
4 years

Miss porker I was not comparing young to old at all I was making a point which you seemed to have missed.
Would you be OK with your mother acting in such a manner in public with you right next to her?
My guess would be no.
4 years

I think you're missing my point but to answer your question: no, I wouldn't expect my mother to behave the same way as an attention seeking celeb who is younger than me.
4 years

I'm glad to hear that.
4 years

Ditzy:
Miss porker I was not comparing young to old at all I was making a point which you seemed to have missed.
Would you be OK with your mother acting in such a manner in public with you right next to her?
My guess would be no.

Am I wrong in my read here? It seems that you are suggesting that, because someone might be uncomfortable with Thier mother acting in a sexual way, they should also feel uncomfortable with someone else (specifically a young person) acting that way? Because that is in fact making a direct comparison and implying rhetorical causation.
But putting that aside, if my mother was someone who based her professional image on sexual freedom, no, I wouldn't care at all. Lizos whole image revolves to some extent around her not conforming to sexual norms or sociatly imposed restricitons, which makes her actions pretty normal given that.
4 years
12   loading