Gaining

Bk's impossible whopper has 18 million times the estrogen of a reg whopper

The article is silly. Multiple studies have been carried out into soy, its phytoestrogens and their effects on the body.

I encourage you to google it if you’re interested. However, most importantly, don’t be scared by nonsense articles that report that food A has 18,000,000 times more of X than food B, since the quantity of X in food B more often than not turns out to be effectively zero.
4 years

I read somewhere it has a lot of GMOs and I try to stay away from foods like that.
You don't know whats in them.
4 years

Would getting bigger boobs be the only result of so much estrogen, be male or female?
4 years

It says you have to eat 28 burgers a week to get breasts.
4 years

Yes plant estrogens have some, they can mess with the thyroid of both sexes but impact women more.

Taking too much can lower male sperm count but you'd need to eat nothing but these things for that to happen.

Drinking milk exposes you to more estrogen
4 years

"GMOs are just as safe as organic food to eat according to hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific studies. Don't be anti-science."

Absolutely CORRECT!

The whole "GMO thing" is ridiculous and "anti-science". EVERYTHING you eat is genetically modified ... we just used to take centuries to get it done. Now we have better tools, AND a better understanding of what we are doing.

You think that sweet corn you eat is anything like what was growing in the wild 400 years ago?
4 years

fatchance:
"GMOs are just as safe as organic food to eat according to hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific studies. Don't be anti-science."

Absolutely CORRECT!

The whole "GMO thing" is ridiculous and "anti-science". EVERYTHING you eat is genetically modified ... we just used to take centuries to get it done. Now we have better tools, AND a better understanding of what we are doing.

You think that sweet corn you eat is anything like what was growing in the wild 400 years ago?

To be fair cross breeding and selective breeding is not the same as GMO which is humans doing Gene splicing, you can cross breed corn with shrimp in nature.

But with that said GMO is safe to eat but sucks balls
1) it prompts monocrops which drains the the soil and forces them to use petroleum based fertilizers and crop insecurity
2) is pretty much exclusively made to allow for the use of glyphosate which is a horrible chemical for the environment and is leading so super pests similar to how overuse of antibiotics makes super bugs.
3)the business practices of these companies are shit
4 years

neighborhoodfeeder:
To be fair cross breeding and selective breeding is not the same as GMO which is humans doing Gene splicing, you can cross breed corn with shrimp in nature.

1) it prompts monocrops which drains the the soil and forces them to use petroleum based fertilizers and crop insecurity
2) is pretty much exclusively made to allow for the use of glyphosate which is a horrible chemical for the environment and is leading so super pests similar to how overuse of antibiotics makes super bugs.
3)the business practices of these companies are shit[/quote]

1) Except that it has now been learned that bacteria can exchange genes with plants and animals. In short, nature does exactly what we do with GMO, it is just slow and not focused. We then selectively breed those traits.
2) Bullshit, glyphosate is not something evil although it can be misused and overused. The purpose of the GMO crops being tolerant is to allow use of smaller amounts of glyphosate after the plants are already growing. That is the attraction for farmers, cost savings due to LOWER glyphosate use. Not only that but there are lots of other reasons to use GMO. An example is the yellow rice that includes vitamins rice does not have in nature to reduce blindness in cultures that depend on rice for the bulk of calories.
3) Yeah, yeah, I know. Clearly you work for free without concern for pay so that you are unsullied by the corruption of pursuing profit. Monsanto, Bayer, and I should all learn from your pristine example.
Oh by the way, Glyphosate is an HERBICIDE that kills weeds, not a PESTICIDE that kills insects and antibiotics is another entire conversation that has nothing to do with raising crops. (although, if you want a huge dose of antibiotics you might try eating milk veal. They practically force feed antibiotics to the animals to keep them alive long enough to butcher.)
4 years

neighborhoodfeeder:

3)the business practices of these companies are shit

fatchance:
1) Except that it has now been learned that bacteria can exchange genes with plants and animals. In short, nature does exactly what we do with GMO, it is just slow and not focused. We then selectively breed those traits.

2) Bullshit, glyphosate is not something evil although it can be misused and overused. The purpose of the GMO crops being tolerant is to allow use of smaller amounts of glyphosate after the plants are already growing. That is the attraction for farmers, cost savings due to LOWER glyphosate use. Not only that but there are lots of other reasons to use GMO. An example is the yellow rice that includes vitamins rice does not have in nature to reduce blindness in cultures that depend on rice for the bulk of calories.

3) Yeah, yeah, I know. Clearly you work for free without concern for pay so that you are unsullied by the corruption of pursuing profit. Monsanto, Bayer, and I should all learn from your pristine example.
Oh by the way, Glyphosate is an HERBICIDE that kills weeds, not a PESTICIDE that kills insects and antibiotics is another entire conversation that has nothing to do with raising crops. (although, if you want a huge dose of antibiotics you might try eating milk veal. They practically force feed antibiotics to the animals to keep them alive long enough to butcher.)[/quote]

1) Nothing you said here makes GM the same as selective breeding nothing.

2) it's a horrible chemical that is the modern equivalent of salting the enemies fields. It washes of ends up in rivers and eventually the ocean , it's toxic to plankton, bad for shell fish, bad for amphibians.

For other uses of GMO I support it 100% and never said GMOs are bad just the business practices around them.

3)yes fuck their business practice, if you grow organic crops and their patented pollen lands on your crops they will sue you.
And with that said fuck apple for bricking your phone if you get the battery replaced by a third party.

Fuck pharmaceutical companies I hope their abuse of patents dies a horrible death with tons of chapter 7s

I aware it's herbicide and yes weeds are finding ways to adopt To it.
4 years