Lifestyle tips

Addicted to takeaways

I used to love going out to restaurants and cafes but only occasionally ordered food to be delivered at home. However since lockdown, I have found that I order so much more food now.

I’m wanting to try and reign it in as it’s expensive but honestly feel like it’s so difficult to now.

Everytime I try and stop I just really start craving it 😅

Has anyone else found they are more addicted to takeaway food since the lockdown? Also any advice on how to reduce the cravings?
2 years

Addicted to takeaways

Feedmesqueezeme:
I used to love going out to restaurants and cafes but only occasionally ordered food to be delivered at home. However since lockdown, I have found that I order so much more food now.

I’m wanting to try and reign it in as it’s expensive but honestly feel like it’s so difficult to now.

Everytime I try and stop I just really start craving it 😅

Has anyone else found they are more addicted to takeaway food since the lockdown? Also any advice on how to reduce the cravings?

What kind of takeaways do you prefer?

I had a similar problem and to solve it I started trying to recreate some of my favourites by cooking at home.

Personal favourite is a Korma recipe I found online which uses a whole load of double cream, its very tasty and also perfect for gaining as its jam packed with calories 😁
2 years

Addicted to takeaways

Daniel5_1997:

I had a similar problem and to solve it I started trying to recreate some of my favourites by cooking at home.

Personal favourite is a Korma recipe I found online which uses a whole load of double cream, its very tasty and also perfect for gaining as its jam packed with calories 😁

I like all sorts but I mainly crave like McDonald’s breakfasts and Chinese food.

I have tried cooking mine own and although it’s nice they are never as good as the takeout version but if you have any good recipes you’d like to share I’d definitely enjoy that 😁
2 years

Addicted to takeaways

Daniel5_1997:

Feedmesqueezeme:
I like all sorts but I mainly crave like McDonald’s breakfasts and Chinese food.

I have tried cooking mine own and although it’s nice they are never as good as the takeout version but if you have any good recipes you’d like to share I’d definitely enjoy that 😁

McDonalds breakfast just hits different!

Sure - for the Korma I just use this recipe but sub in heavy cream and add a bit more in depending how creamy you like it:

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/creamychickenkorma_67790
2 years

Addicted to takeaways

RosemaryOrdinary:
I don't know what it is about McDonald's Big Macs or the salty fries or sweet and sour sauce that makes me go literally insane. Whenever I have it I pig out and it tastes so good that I literally shovel it in as if its gonna be taken away from me. It just hits different haha

It really does! And it’s so easy to eat as well, I can pig out on so many of their burgers!
2 years