Lifestyle tips

Heavy cream gives more vitality?

Some time ago I drank 1,7 l heavy cream over a the period of three days. It was my first time ever drinking heavy cream. The thing is, what I've noticed was that I was very energetic, and I woke up after about 8 hours of sleep without an alarm and moreover felt rested, which is strongly surprising considering my 'normal' sleep duration.

I can't explain why I felt so vital and healthy for two to three days, beginning with the second day of heavy cream consumption, except maybe from the excess calories: having more energy than being used, etc. On the other hand I think this can't be it, cause I`m normally feeling kind of excausted except I get my 12 hours of sleep, which would mean that everybody has to take in excess calories for feeling vital. (I know bodies are different) This would mean I'm normally in a calorie deficit? But I don't lose weight, so that can't be either.
I'm asking, because those 3 days were really cool; having much more time because of less sleep and more energy to do something.

Maybe you have some thoughts about it or some stories you can tell.
2 years

There is a chance you're undereating regularly if your body is responding this way. One way to find out is to use an app like MyPlate and track what you eat normally for a week or two. You'll be able to see if your body weight/size is being supported.

When I wanted to start gaining, I used it and discovered I was undereating. I realized how much more effort I needed to put into my diet to gain while staying as healthy as possible. 😁
2 years

Agree with the above. In my experience with my feedee, super heavy and rich meals just slow you down and make you more sleepy.
2 years

I'll try it with the app. Although, if I'm undereating than I would lose weight, right? But I don't lose any.
2 years

Ney:
I'll try it with the app. Although, if I'm undereating than I would lose weight, right? But I don't lose any.

Not necessarily. You can undereat a little every day and maintain your size. If your body is used to your present intake, it has learned to function at this level. But as you said, when you increased calories, you felt a difference. There's a chance you wouldn't lose weight unless you had a more significant calorie drop per day - which isn't really healthy.
2 years

Dynamo:
Not necessarily. You can undereat a little every day and maintain your size. If your body is used to your present intake, it has learned to function at this level. But as you said, when you increased calories, you felt a difference. There's a chance you wouldn't lose weight unless you had a more significant calorie drop per day - which isn't really healthy.[/quote]

Interesting.
2 years