Fat experiences

For those who started thin, how much did you gain before people started noticing?

amijustcurious:
Since the start of the pandemic I've gained about 15lbs, which on my 6'4 frame isn't really noticeable at all when I'm wearing clothes, especially since a lot of it went to my hips, butt, and thighs. I'm just curious how much you were able to gain before anyone made comments or otherwise indicated that they had noticed.
I'm more interested in gaining for how it feels rather than looks, so I consider the stopping point (at least for the moment) to be when that happens.

Wow, you're very tall, I bet 15 pounds are not so significant on you.

My ex girlfriend was 5'7" and 110-115 pounds. A combination of a sedentary work and me being very pampering brought her to 125. People commented pretty quickly but it was nearly all "oh it really suits you, you were too skinny before."

It changed when she reache 135-140, it was there when her lower belly started to protrude a bit for the first time and to make a roll when she was sitting. From there up to 150 she got a ton of comments, from friends, family and colleagues. Most of them just amused to see a skinny girl growing not just curves but a little belly. All the classics.. from "are you pregnant?" to "better watch out, it's easy to grow a bitt too comfortable in a relationship", including curious friends patting her tummy or oinching her new little roll saying "oh, I never thought you would plump up, it's so funny."

Comment became a bit more concerned around 160, especially her family was saying she was fat and had to diet.

Interestingly, no one seemed to comment anymore by the time she reache 175.

I guess it was just the surprise at the beginning, especially because she used to be so skinny. Then over the years probably people just got used to her being just another chubby girl, and made no difference if she was 160 or 180.

Anyone else a similar experience?
2 years

For those who started thin, how much did you gain before people started noticing?

Coming up on 25lbs I can't believe no one has noticed, I'm just waiting for someone to say it out loud.
For myself (being as I am somebody), I've noticed my belly is getting in the way when I bend over. I can now hear things shake when I walk across the floor (chachkis on the shelves, the stove burners, etc). I'm also starting to very much notice both the hang and breadth of my new beautiful gut.
2 years

In my case, during the pandemic I gained weight pretty much, but only my family has noticed, and start to saying things like that I should be careful and lose the extra weight. I Always was very skinny guy, and now I got a bit plump with my belly starting to protrude and clothes became tighter and smaller, but my co-workers did not noticed or at least they're not saying anything.

Although, there is one that she loves to make me eat large meals during work. So, I guess everyone notice but thinking it's not big deal as I am usually thin. Maybe they think that it's better for me to be a little Chubby. Let's see what happens if I become really big. I think that people starting to talk to you about your weight while it's becoming really noticeable, when you develop a double chin and a hanging belly, then it's becoming a fact that should not be ignored.
2 years

MottiF:
In my case, during the pandemic I gained weight pretty much, but only my family has noticed, and start to saying things like that I should be careful and lose the extra weight. I Always was very skinny guy, and now I got a bit plump with my belly starting to protrude and clothes became tighter and smaller, but my co-workers did not noticed or at least they're not saying anything.

Although, there is one that she loves to make me eat large meals during work. So, I guess everyone notice but thinking it's not big deal as I am usually thin. Maybe they think that it's better for me to be a little Chubby. Let's see what happens if I become really big. I think that people starting to talk to you about your weight while it's becoming really noticeable, when you develop a double chin and a hanging belly, then it's becoming a fact that should not be ignored.

Etiola:
I'm under the impression that people who are not into feederism are afraid they might hurt/insult others if they comment on them looking fatter. In our fat phobic society, most people would be devastated to receive such a comment.

SpongyGirl:
im not into feederism i just got a beer belly becuase i drink way too much, and I get comments on it all the time 😭😭😭

love a beer belly on a girl
2 years

I was in college when I intentionally tried to gain weight for the first time. I loaded up on carb-heavy emergency food. The weight came on, but I couldn't get it to stick. Despite this, I managed to gain about 83 pounds before giving up. I'm sure people noticed well before then, but it took me getting up to 233 pounds for someone to actually say something about it.
2 years
12   loading