Events

Meetups?

I've been really curious recently about how people set up meetups and things. I've been really interested in actually meeting with someone but when it comes down to the time it just never works out smiley. I really don't want this to be a purely online fantasy of mine! If anyone has been successful in having a meetup of any sort please tell me how it went!
1 year

Meetups?

It's tough with this being such a niche and taboo fetish. Finding people who are close enough or serious enough to travel, and someone who you have any sort of connection with and are able to trust enough is a difficult task. I've been lucky enough to have some meetups with others into feedism but they're usually pretty far and wide between. If you are serious about it becoming a reality and not just online fantasy the best thing I can say is be active in the community and try to find people who are close enough for a meet to be practical. But the biggest thing is don't let yourself get discouraged. Keep doing you and being the most confident person you can be, and eventually you'll get your opportunity.
1 year

Meetups?

@SinWithAGrin great advice and really well articulated.

@Tillychan I've met 3 local FF members in person and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. When you say 'when it comes down to the time it just never works out' do you literally mean timing as in schedules or the meet itself just doesn't go through for some reason?
1 year

Meetups?

FeedMeCakex:

@Tillychan I've met 3 local FF members in person and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. When you say 'when it comes down to the time it just never works out' do you literally mean timing as in schedules or the meet itself just doesn't go through for some reason?

@FeedMeCakex Thank you! It's definitely worth the wait when you finally are able to have an in person experience
1 year

Meetups?

FeedMeCakex:

Both! Things just never seem to work out in my favor tbh 😕. And I'm really only interested in meeting people from my state so that kinda lowers my options a bit. Idk if I'm just being impatient or what but it's just a bit disheartening. All I want is belly runs and cake shoved in my mouth lol. It shouldn't be this hard!
1 year

Meetups?

@Tillychan it shouldn't be so hard, I'm sorry it has been for you so far.

I'm not sure why I have success. I'm open to meeting and I communicate a lot, particularly around my boundaries and expectations. That either pushes people away, which is actually a good thing as it keeps me safe, or it shows I'm serious about meeting in person, which I am.

Some people say they are serious but chicken out when push comes to shove. That could be part of it possibly for your situation? They're not ready or willing to meet in person just yet? I had that with a guy and he literally ignored my check in message about when we were meant to meet and eventually he contacted me again and said he just wanted online, despite being 15 minutes from me and saying from the beginning he wanted to meet in person. He just wasn't ready to face his kink IRL. That's fine, I accept it, but we no longer communicate as I don't appreciate being strung along. Knowing your worth is important, particularly in kink. Sorry, got a little soapbox-y there!

I've never gone to a munch or other group meet up scenario but that might be a starting point for you to consider if you haven't yet tried it. You could set up the event if no one else in your local area is doing one. A casual get together in a group might appeal to some moreso than a first meet being one on one.

As @SinWithAGrin said, don't lose hope. Stay active in the online community and build rapport with people and it will happen x
1 year