Lifestyle tips

I am thinking of using estrogens to feminize myself and to make my breasts and butt grow more, w

Ditzy:
If you aren't diagnosed with gender dysphoria I doubt any doctor would help you with hormones or HRT.

Misterelephant88:
in fact, I have gender dysphoria, but I had not encouraged myself to start or see treatments, because of all the bad things that are said about using estrogens.

It's like I said. You should be fine so long as you do it under a doctor's supervision. I have two transwomen friends on HRT. One just started a few months ago. The other's been on it for years. Both are fine and very happy they did it.

If you feel like it's right for you, I would recommend taking the first step.
1 year

I am thinking of using estrogens to feminize myself and to make my breasts and butt grow more, w

I know several MtF trans that have gone thru HRT and have fully transitioned and HRT didn't really change their bodies all that much.
One still has a few male markers like wide shoulders and narrow hips.
Her butt is more developed than before her transition.
There is no guarantee HRT will give you the figure you want but it will help your gender dysphoria and your mental well being.
1 year

Ditzy:
If you aren't diagnosed with gender dysphoria I doubt any doctor would help you with hormones or HRT.

Misterelephant88:
in fact, I have gender dysphoria, but I had not encouraged myself to start or see treatments, because of all the bad things that are said about using estrogens.

Munchies:
It's like I said. You should be fine so long as you do it under a doctor's supervision. I have two transwomen friends on HRT. One just started a few months ago. The other's been on it for years. Both are fine and very happy they did it.

If you feel like it's right for you, I would recommend taking the first step.

thank you very much, I will do that, I think I should take the first step, thank you very much for your comments.
1 year

Not as easy as you might think.
I know a few people that cannot get it.
Its up to the therapist and the endo doctors.
Sometimes the medication is too dangerous to the person.
1 year

As a trans woman, I echo Munchies' advice. Talk to a doctor before proceeding.

Mucking about with your hormone levels comes with a lot of long-term risks, including various forms of cancer. I get that some people wish their body was a little different - just make sure you are well informed on the risks to ensure you are willing to take them to achieve whatever you are hoping to.
1 year

As a trans woman who -for a number of reasons- has always shunned a medical transition, I would recommend pueraria mirifica to feminize your body. I am using it with a combination of reishi and fenugreek and have started noticing significant changes. My breasts have taken a more feminine shape, and even my belly and curves have become rounder and softer. I feel great. Whether this effect is caused by a mental suggestion, I don't know, but still I wouldn't write that off entirely...
1 year

Ditzy:
Not as easy as you might think.
I know a few people that cannot get it.
Its up to the therapist and the endo doctors.
Sometimes the medication is too dangerous to the person.

The waiting time in the UK 5+ years to see a Gender Clinic. It then takes further months between appointments as they grill you on "are you sure? Are you really really really sure?" while trying to see if you have gender dysphoria. Then, they'll finally prescribe.

It is actually easier to have a full body tattoo, put piercings all over your body and have plastic surgery of any kind than it is to access HRT. Anyone over 18, as long they have money, can modify their body any way they'd like, but somehow HRT is a 10+ year wait filled with endless "ARE YOU SURE THOUGH?!" and yet people STILL think it's too accessible. I kinda feel like the waiting time could be 100 years long (requiring you to live as your gender all 100 years according to traditional expectations), require 10 doctor assessments and a letter from god and people would still think it's too accessible. It's kinda a disgusting attitude to have : /.
1 year

Here in the USA you have to be living as the other gender for one year and be seeing a gender therapist before being cleared to see an Endo.
It takes years for some.
I used to work with LGBT and trans folks quite a bit mostly FtM transition cases.
I'm no expert as to what the rules are now because I stopped working with the LGBT.
1 year

AnonLovesBlubber:
HRT is already way too accesable as is

Wow. Just saw this. Tell me you are an unhappy person without telling me you are an unhappy person.

I'm so curious as to how you quantify this. I know a lot of tran people. Transmen, women, and NBs. It is *not* easy to get HRT. There are a lot of hoops you have to go through just to get onto it. It can take years. And even then, you might not get it for various reasons.

This doesn't even include places where being trans is a crime. Forget even getting access to HRT.
1 year

It's actually easier than you guys make it sound, with "good" physicians you do have to jump through the hoops. But there is HRT telemedicine that you basically only have to do a physical and have blood work done for.

Ans Google will find these for you and your patches creams or vials and needles will be mailed to your front door.

If forwhatever reason you cannot go the legal route. You can DIY Trans and get illegal blackmarket supplies mailed to your front door. With reddit and a few quick Google searches. Can have the estrogen delivered in a few days to few weeks.

I'm taking spironolactone and patches. And it's alot easier than you think.

Also I'm a nurse and alot of the risks are mitigated if you're taking what's considered bioidentical and not oral.

Oral are hard on your liver. It's recommended you get blood work done but as far as the "safety" goes. A life of smoking, alcohol or binge eating unhealthy foods is all worse for your physical health than hormones when taken appropriately and intelligently (i.e. keeping normal blood ranges and not thinking double is twice as good)

For example most of the studies done on testosterone and heart risk are done on 80 yearoldmen who's systems and aged hearts go into shock when exposed to 10 times the testosterone levels they've had for the past 20 years.

This isn't applicable to most people and testosterone in the appropriate range is cardio protective just as esteogen has been shown to do the same.

All hormones can "thicken" your blood but really it's not any more so than being young and having your hormones in the appropriate range anyways. The most severe risks are when people smoke or do things already proven to be bad for your clotting risk ontop of it. Normal healthy people doing healthy things don't become overnight heart attack and stroke risks from estrogen when dosed appropriately.

And your liver doesn't get shot if your doing transdermal or injectable. The only way for most orals to survive first bypass of the liver and make it into your bloodstream is to have essentially extra atoms thrown ontop the molecule that makes it harder to metabolize which stresses your liver out

You shouldn't be taking any oral hormones unless it's one of the very few that don't have this risk.
1 year
123   loading