General

Outsiders just don't get it - a rant

Was browsing the interwebs and found this:

www.fetish.com/feederism/

Tell me you aren't part of a community without telling me you aren't part of a community.

This page says that feederism is a part of the BDSM community. It also says that feeders are dominate and feedees are submissive. This page is riddled with inaccuracies.
1 year

Munchies:

Tell me you aren't part of a community without telling me you aren't part of a community.

This page says that feederism is a part of the BDSM community. It also says that feeders are dominate and feedees are submissive. This page is riddled with inaccuracies.

Given the site this is on it was likely written by a member of the BDSM community with a BDSM audience in mind, and it's likely their only real exposure to feederism has been in a D/s context.

I agree that better representation is needed, but a lot of people also aren't that interested in learning about it if they don't already have an interest in it for themselves.
1 year

Munchies:

Doublefrosted:
Given the site this is on it was likely written by a member of the BDSM community with a BDSM audience in mind, and it's likely their only real exposure to feederism has been in a D/s context.

I agree that better representation is needed, but a lot of people also aren't that interested in learning about it if they don't already have an interest in it for themselves.

Even so, there are dominate feedees and submissive feeders. So it's still wrong.
1 year

BlackjackandBerries:
We need better representation. Bad enough we have the movie "feed" that makes everyone look like death feeders.

To be honest, Feed was hilariously bad. Especially the climax when I legit hopped out of my seat and said "YEAHHH (censored) YOU MURPHY!" because that's the kind of guy the character Michael would be.

Also you gotta laugh at the part where Philip finds Michael's lair and Michael looks down at the immobile Deidra and says "Don't go anywhere" 🤣

But seriously though, a horror movie wasn't going to be the best representation because it keyed on shock value. If you want a better representation, watch the movie City Island with Andy Garcia. At least they make the feeder/feedee dynamic more accurate and relatable.
1 year

Doublefrosted:

Munchies:
Even so, there are dominate feedees and submissive feeders. So it's still wrong.

I've yet to find a generalised kink/fetish site that manages to get the definition of feederism right.

I don't like it either, but I try not to get too worked up over things being wrong in spaces that barely accept feederism.
1 year

So what would be a good way of accurately portraying feederism? I agree as I'm not a submissive or dominating person.
1 year

Doublefrosted:

Munchies:

Doublefrosted:
I've yet to find a generalised kink/fetish site that manages to get the definition of feederism right.

I don't like it either, but I try not to get too worked up over things being wrong in spaces that barely accept feederism.

Tis but a rant. Besides, it's so bad that Urban dictionary does it better.
1 year

YumNom:
So what would be a good way of accurately portraying feederism? I agree as I'm not a submissive or dominating person.

I'd say the basics.

A feeder likes to feed and a feedee likes to be fed.
1 year

I suppose that’s someone’s interpretation of feedism who partakes in the fetish and I’m no one to say what they can/can’t enjoy. I consider this more of a lifestyle cause I would have probably ended up as I am now regardless if I had discovered more about body positivity and acceptance to eventually gaining weight on purpose.
1 year

BlackjackandBerries:
We need better representation. Bad enough we have the movie "feed" that makes everyone look like death feeders.
agreed one of the reasons i hate that movie
1 year
12   loading