Lifestyle tips

Is there anything about self-care that i should keep in my

BlxxdyKawaii:
Deadass accidentally pressed “post” before I could complete the question and it won’t let me edit the title.
Full question: Is there anything self-care related I should keep in mind when getting fat?

I’m already aware of the greater risk of heart-related diseases and diabetes and am willing to put forth that risk. What I mean is, should I be more conscious about my hygiene habits, as well as whether or not being at a larger size affects the severity of acne?
I have a small idea that I’ll need to stay on top of washing in between my folds when they develop, but other than that I’m totally oblivious. 136 is the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life, so I have minimal knowledge as to how self-care differs from a skinny and fat person.

personally, I’d still recommend giving some amount of attention to physical health. going on a long walk each day can help you feel a lot better when putting on weight, while also aiding in digestion and helping your appetite.
1 year

BlxxdyKawaii:
Deadass accidentally pressed “post” before I could complete the question and it won’t let me edit the title.
Full question: Is there anything self-care related I should keep in mind when getting fat?

I’m already aware of the greater risk of heart-related diseases and diabetes and am willing to put forth that risk. What I mean is, should I be more conscious about my hygiene habits, as well as whether or not being at a larger size affects the severity of acne?
I have a small idea that I’ll need to stay on top of washing in between my folds when they develop, but other than that I’m totally oblivious. 136 is the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life, so I have minimal knowledge as to how self-care differs from a skinny and fat person.

Danny823:
personally, I’d still recommend giving some amount of attention to physical health. going on a long walk each day can help you feel a lot better when putting on weight, while also aiding in digestion and helping your appetite.

I saw the last person talk about that too, while also talking about nutrition. I can second the fact that it helps with digestion, especially if you’re already prone to IBS prior to gaining. I won’t go into too much detail because it’s TMI, but I’ve had the experience even when I was skinny *shudders* I do like my nature walks and day-hikes tho…
3 months

As someone over 500 lb, I would say, 'Keep your body moving'. I haven't always done that, and in some ways, I have paid for it. But I have also realized it's not too late, and I have recently started walking daily. I can only manage about a half mile at a time because of my knees, but I do it four times a day now. I haven't lost a pound, so don't worry about that... but my knees feel a thousand times better than when I was getting in maybe 500 steps a day total.

I would also add that a constant high fat, fried, cheesy diet will eventually wreak havoc on your digestive system. I know this because I've done it, sometimes for weeks at a time. I understand that in some spaces in this community, constipation and bloating are considered very hot, but I will say when you have issues for a whole week, you'll feel differently. Keep vegetables in your diet, as well as other sources of fiber. You'll thank me for it.

Finally, if you're planning significant gains, make accommodations in your wardrobe. Yes, putting on clothes you have outgrown can be a fun indicator your body is getting bigger, but honestly, if you're uncomfortable as you grow, you'll be less likely to continue. Keep those pants you're popping out of if you want, but also make sure you have clothing that don't hurt.

Good luck!
3 months

be sure to drink a lot of water and if you don’t already start drinking more of it even though you think you get enough water it’s not enough a lot of people are dehydrated for no reason. Multivitamin is good too even if you get a wide variety in your diet.
3 months
12   loading