Gaining

I want to gain but when i eat enough to get bigger i feel sick

I find after a few weeks of an 'active' gain with double cream I need to stop for a bit.

Although I feel like long term my appetite has slowly increased and it's more my job now which hinders me from eating more, since I seem to be eating more on my days off.

That said, I would look at what/how you are eating in case there are ways to assist e.g. switching from larger meals to eating 'little and often'. I personally have never been fond of over eating in a single meal.
8 months

Occamslaser:
Even sticking to around 4000 calories a day, Ill feel fine for the first few weeks of excess and then start to feel messed up. My appetites spotty, I start getting nauseous when I over eat, my sleep gets kinda messed up.
Anyone else experience this?

This is a very simple fix. Eat fewer calories.

The average person eats about 2,000 to 2,500 calories a day. You are trying to eat twice that. No wonder you are feeling ill.

Start with an amount you can comfortably consume, and slowly increase your intake over time. This is a marathon, not a race.
8 months

As Munchies said, marathon, not a race. When I started gaining I could barely eat enough. Without feeling sick. Smaller amounts throughout the day helped. Heavy cream helped get enough calories. But that too was better in smaller amounts thru the day. Usually after eating. I've found also that as you keep up with eating more your body adjusts and you don't feel sick anymore. At least it was that way for me. Best of luck!
8 months

Seconding the advice above, instead of trying to binge in one sitting, eat smaller snacks throughout the day. Keep snacks in easy reach and just eat one whenever you're hungry or bored. Carb and fat-laden snacks like crackers, cheese cubes, and nits should help you add calories but not fill you up to the point of nausea. Also don't underestimate the fattening power of stereotypically "healthy" food! A salad with crispy bacon bits and a satisfying amount of dressing, or vegetables dressed in cheese and gravy or sauce, can be as caloric as any burger. Plus it helps your regularity, which will help you fit more in your stomach if you do decide to "overdo" it.

(Sorry if that's gross, just stating facts.)
8 months

Occamslaser:
Even sticking to around 4000 calories a day, Ill feel fine for the first few weeks of excess and then start to feel messed up. My appetites spotty, I start getting nauseous when I over eat, my sleep gets kinda messed up.
Anyone else experience this?

Munchies:
This is a very simple fix. Eat fewer calories.

The average person eats about 2,000 to 2,500 calories a day. You are trying to eat twice that. No wonder you are feeling ill.

Start with an amount you can comfortably consume, and slowly increase your intake over time. This is a marathon, not a race.

Occamslaser:
This is good advice, though I'm in a weird spot, where my average calorie intake is already around 3k, and my metabolism just swallows that amount. If I bump it up to 3.5 or 4 I get sick right away. It's like my body is very specifically averse to excess and also unusually predisposed to processing food into energy rather than storing it as fat.

Okay. How do you eat? Do you eat big meals? Snacks? What does a day in the life of eating look like for you?
8 months