Lifestyle tips

Men's clothing canada

I've needed to buy some bigger clothes recently. The places I normally go to don't have much that I like. I don't know if its because its between seasons, but I can't find shirts I like.

Where do somewhat fat men shop in Canada? I'm not at the point of big men stores...yet.
7 months

Men's clothing canada

Looking for good value. Decent quality, decent prices.
7 months

Men's clothing canada

ForeverFFA:
Sadly, I just remembered that some guys don't feel comfortable asking other men those kinds of questions. In which case, if they have wives/girlfriends, I'm sure they would also know the answer. Just phrase the question as blandly as possible, whomever you talk to.

It could be as simple as, "Hey, where does your man go clothes shopping? He always seems so well-dressed." You don't even have to mention size.

Hmm...I will have to give this a try. Thank you for the suggestion.

I have also asked my wife if she had any thoughts...3 of the 4 she came up with are ones I've looked at. The 4th isn't my favourite, but maybe I have to give in...
7 months

Men's clothing canada

I usually go to Mark's myself, but I assume you have already looked them up.
7 months

Men's clothing canada

Big Belly Jim:
I usually go to Mark's myself, but I assume you have already looked them up.

Mark's is my go to! I have gotten a couple polo type shirts from there. I've noticed recently that their t-shirts are diiferent. They feel great, but are cut smaller. The XL is tight so I tried the 2XL. I know this gain is turning me flabbier than I've ever been, but there's no way I should be in 2XL yet. I will be and I will graduate to the big mens store, but I'm not there yet. I'm about 215lbs.

Funny side story about Mark's. A few weeks ago, I tried on an XL polo in their change rooms. It was ridiculously tight. Checked the price tag and the sticker. Yep XL. Weird. Tried on the 2XL and was swimming. It didn't make sense. I checked the first shirt again and the while the tag and sticker was XL, the label printed on the shirt was M. Found an actual XL and its good. I enjoyed explaining the problem to the cashier. She had an embarrassed grin on her face...agreeing that medium wouldn't work.
7 months

Men's clothing canada

NoMoYoYo:
I've needed to buy some bigger clothes recently. The places I normally go to don't have much that I like. I don't know if its because its between seasons, but I can't find shirts I like.

Where do somewhat fat men shop in Canada? I'm not at the point of big men stores...yet.

This year I've been hovering around XL being a bit loose or almost tight? XXL here I come? πŸ€£πŸ– I love Mark's. I was just there this weekend getting a "modern fit" tshirt, which are SO MUCH BETTER than classic fit - I'm short so classic fit looks like I borrowed my dad's clothes. 😝 That's my go-to store when I want something nice.
7 months

Men's clothing canada

NoMoYoYo:

MickRidem:
This year I've been hovering around XL being a bit loose or almost tight? XXL here I come? πŸ€£πŸ– I love Mark's. I was just there this weekend getting a "modern fit" tshirt, which are SO MUCH BETTER than classic fit - I'm short so classic fit looks like I borrowed my dad's clothes. 😝 That's my go-to store when I want something nice.

Hmmm....I think the modern fit ones are what is giving me trouble. haha. There are times where if its snug in the belly, its okay, but I don't always want that. I didn't realize they had different t-shirts...is it the same for all their shirts?

I'll look into it more. I might have time tomorrow.
7 months

Men's clothing canada

NoMoYoYo:

MickRidem:

NoMoYoYo:
Hmmm....I think the modern fit ones are what is giving me trouble. haha. There are times where if its snug in the belly, its okay, but I don't always want that. I didn't realize they had different t-shirts...is it the same for all their shirts?

Modern fit are more fitted in the arms and chest, and looser in the belly. Classic fit, on me, looks like I'm wearing droopy shoulders and wings past my elbows when I get a big enough size for my fat belly. 😁
7 months

Men's clothing canada

NoMoYoYo:

MickRidem:

NoMoYoYo:

MickRidem:
Modern fit are more fitted in the arms and chest, and looser in the belly. Classic fit, on me, looks like I'm wearing droopy shoulders and wings past my elbows when I get a big enough size for my fat belly. 😁

I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but these shirts are definitely tightly fitted on my arms and chest, but its also snug in my belly. Maybe I'm just fat and will get to the big boys store sooner than I thought. lol
7 months

Men's clothing canada

I’m not sure if you guys have the SAME stores up there but DXL has been great for me. It’s a tad dressy but they got lots of good options. They had my size 52 x 30 which was amazing.
7 months
12   loading