Lifestyle tips

Doctors visit

I went to the doctors today it was just a normal check up but I got weighed in, turns out I’m up to 426 the topic of my weight came up when the nurse weighed me she assumed I weighed less than I did and was super apologetic when she read the number outloud, I just shrugged it off like nothing but I was quite amazed how much over 400 I am haha I remember when I just crossed 300

then again when the doctor came in, mentioned how I’m up 50 pounds from my last visit expressed concern asked what I’ve been doing and I was just honest about it, I just said how I love to eat and eat a lot and how work takes almost all my energy and how I actually don’t mind being fat. He said my weight isn’t a problem, for now (hey plus points for being educated) but he recommended me a dietician (again) and said he wants me back more often for regular checkups.

also I could not for the life of me fit into any of my sweatshirts from the spring this morning 🙈they are 3XL my belly poked out the bottom of all of em ☺️
6 months

Doctors visit

Morbidly A Beast:
I went to the doctors today it was just a normal check up but I got weighed in, turns out I’m up to 426 the topic of my weight came up when the nurse weighed me she assumed I weighed less than I did and was super apologetic when she read the number outloud, I just shrugged it off like nothing but I was quite amazed how much over 400 I am haha I remember when I just crossed 300

then again when the doctor came in, mentioned how I’m up 50 pounds from my last visit expressed concern asked what I’ve been doing and I was just honest about it, I just said how I love to eat and eat a lot and how work takes almost all my energy and how I actually don’t mind being fat. He said my weight isn’t a problem, for now (hey plus points for being educated) but he recommended me a dietician (again) and said he wants me back more often for regular checkups.

also I could not for the life of me fit into any of my sweatshirts from the spring this morning 🙈they are 3XL my belly poked out the bottom of all of em ☺️

Sooo ...
When the scale you got way back when suggested you were over 400 lbs, it might have been true. 🤭

There's no harm in seeing a dietitian. My partner has one, and she's been helpful. She's fat friendly and takes the time to listen to him. Her focus is health, not weight loss.

My partner is looking more vibrant and feeling more energetic since he's started seeing her.
6 months

Doctors visit

Morbidly A Beast:

Munchies:
Sooo ...
When the scale you got way back when suggested you were over 400 lbs, it might have been true. 🤭

There's no harm in seeing a dietitian. My partner has one, and she's been helpful. She's fat friendly and takes the time to listen to him. Her focus is health, not weight loss.

My partner is looking more vibrant and feeling more energetic since he's started seeing her.

Im not sure what kind of rink a dink thing happened with that scale im fine not owning one im not about to spend 400 dollars for one haha do you guys have a high end scale?

Yeah I will be seeing the dietician I think what kind of information does she give him?
6 months

Doctors visit

Morbidly A Beast:

Munchies:
Sooo ...

Morbidly A Beast:
Im not sure what kind of rink a dink thing happened with that scale im fine not owning one im not about to spend 400 dollars for one haha do you guys have a high end scale?

Yeah I will be seeing the dietician I think what kind of information does she give him?

Idk what kind of scale he has. He had it long before we met. It goes up to 450 lbs. There was a time when he was much heavier than that, so we only knew how much he weighed when he went to his appointments.

He weighs less than 450, so his scale works. But we don't really use it like that.

As for the advice, she focuses on improving is macro nutritional needs. (His micro nutritional needs are fine). For example, she has him drinking protein shakes because he isn't getting enough in his diet.
6 months

Doctors visit

Munchies:
Idk what kind of scale he has. He had it long before we met. It goes up to 450 lbs. There was a time when he was much heavier than that, so we only knew how much he weighed when he went to his appointments.

He weighs less than 450, so his scale works. But we don't really use it like that.

As for the advice, she focuses on improving is macro nutritional needs. (His micro nutritional needs are fine). For example, she has him drinking protein shakes because he isn't getting enough in his diet.

Seems like anything that reads over 450 is expensive Af, I get why you’d just wait for the doctors it’s probably what I’m going to do

I got the appointment for next week not sure what to expect but here goes nothin. interesting does he just not care for meat? Seems like I eat excessive amounts of protein cold cuts burgers cheese lots of milk etc I don’t care for sweets all that much.
6 months

Doctors visit

Munchies:

Morbidly A Beast:
Seems like anything that reads over 450 is expensive Af, I get why you’d just wait for the doctors it’s probably what I’m going to do

I got the appointment for next week not sure what to expect but here goes nothin. interesting does he just not care for meat? Seems like I eat excessive amounts of protein cold cuts burgers cheese lots of milk etc I don’t care for sweets all that much.

Oh no. He eats me just fine. He just likes his carbs. He'd live on pizza and pasta if he could.
6 months

Doctors visit

😂
6 months