Lifestyle tips

Belly belts/obesity bands?

Has anyone with a supersized belly used an obesity belt to alleviate back pain? I'm not looking for a bariatric compression belt like the ones people use after bariatric surgery. I'm hoping to find something that takes the pressure off my lower back, hips, and upper belly. The largest maternity belt I found extended to 70 inches. I'm about 80 inches around standing, but I thought it still might work. It definitely didn't. When I tried to sit, the hook and eye closures broke immediately.

How do my fellow big-bellied super-sized folks relieve back pain and support those tummies?
6 months

BigBallBellyGirl:
Has anyone with a supersized belly used an obesity belt to alleviate back pain? I'm not looking for a bariatric compression belt like the ones people use after bariatric surgery. I'm hoping to find something that takes the pressure off my lower back, hips, and upper belly. The largest maternity belt I found extended to 70 inches. I'm about 80 inches around standing, but I thought it still might work. It definitely didn't. When I tried to sit, the hook and eye closures broke immediately.

How do my fellow big-bellied super-sized folks relieve back pain and support those tummies?

Do I personally know anyone? No. But I've worked in health insurance. I am not sure if they make them in your size (90 inches sitting iirc) but I can look.

That said, it will be expensive. If you do have health insurance, check to see if they have a bariatric coverage.

As for the obesity belts themselves? Your milage may vary. Some people love theirs while others find them too uncomfortable to be worth it.
6 months

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:
Do I personally know anyone? No. But I've worked in health insurance. I am not sure if they make them in your size (90 inches sitting iirc) but I can look.

That said, it will be expensive. If you do have health insurance, check to see if they have a bariatric coverage.

As for the obesity belts themselves? Your milage may vary. Some people love theirs while others find them too uncomfortable to be worth it.

I do have insurance, and I believe if it was prescribed, I could get coverage. You're right, though, I haven't been able to find one my size at all. Would love to know if you happen to hear of a company that makes them. Thank you!
6 months

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:
I do have insurance, and I believe if it was prescribed, I could get coverage. You're right, though, I haven't been able to find one my size at all. Would love to know if you happen to hear of a company that makes them. Thank you!

After diligently searching, the biggest ones I could find supported girths up to 75 inches. However, I found something else.

I found this on Etsy It's called a womb wrap. etsy.com/listing/983212985/custom-colors-womb-wraps-custom-order

I have no idea if it's big enough for you, but I think that if it's not, you could make one yourself.
6 months

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:
After diligently searching, the biggest ones I could find supported girths up to 75 inches. However, I found something else.

I found this on Etsy It's called a womb wrap. etsy.com/listing/983212985/custom-colors-womb-wraps-custom-order

I have no idea if it's big enough for you, but I think that if it's not, you could make one yourself.

That's exactly what I was thinking! It looks like making one, or having one made, wouldn't be rocket science. Thank you for the recommendation!
6 months

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:
That's exactly what I was thinking! It looks like making one, or having one made, wouldn't be rocket science. Thank you for the recommendation!

The power of the internet baby! Glad I could help.
6 months