Lifestyle tips

Stuck thinking i am the skinny dude

For people who started out as the "skinny" dude. When did you realize you werent skinny? How did you go away from the self image of being a skinny person?

I feel like i get small periods where i notice my gain, but after a couple of hours i go back to seeing myself as a skinny dude again. I dont know how to deal with it, and its sucking away a lot of motivation.
6 months

Smuydl:
For people who started out as the "skinny" dude. When did you realize you werent skinny? How did you go away from the self image of being a skinny person?

I feel like i get small periods where i notice my gain, but after a couple of hours i go back to seeing myself as a skinny dude again. I dont know how to deal with it, and its sucking away a lot of motivation.

From the people I've talked to on this website,feeling smaller than you actually are is a completely normal feeling,regardless if you are 150 pounds and a little chubby or an absolute unit that weighs 550 pounds.Its similar to how people who go to the gym constantly worry that they don't look thin enough or muscular enough.

I myself feel a lot smaller than I actually
weight. Usually i feel like I'm 250 or 240 but then I realized that my own perspective is a bit blurry since not only do people say that I'm huge or call me big boy/big guy, but i hop on the scale and it says that I'm 308.Yet still feel smaller than I actually am and I have to keep reminding myself that its all in my head.

The most recent reply that said to try on old clothing is totally right,most of the time your weight gain will be so slow that you will barely notice it over time. Your old clothing will remind you of how much progress you made over time and just learn to be patient with yourself,gaining weight is not a race,its about the journey.

I've tried my old clothing from 1 or 2 years ago that we're all XL and now when I try them on today,they are slowly starting to look like bras when I put them on since I usually use 3XL.
6 months

Tbh it never really goes away despite how fat you get or whatever you’re still you and have the same experiences like I still have dreams and what not where I’m not fat despite me being over 400 lbs and haven’t properly exercised in over 6-7 years just recently I was trying to get into a property and I didn’t have my fob so I looked for a crack in the fence (as if my fat ass could fit lol)
6 months

I experience this all the time, and it is slightly exhilarating when I see through a different lens than I normally do.

Here's an example - I was sitting in an office space that had a door located directly across from me. The door had a frosted glass window, and I could see that there looked like a slightly stocky guy sitting in the room.on the other side of the door. It wasn't until a REAL.person walked around on the other side of the frosted glass that I realized that the slightly stocky guy was MY reflection!

I was simultaneously surprised and also kinda turned on. I don't normally see myself as "stocky" - more like I just have a few extra pounds around my middle.
6 months