Events

Bbw events uk

Good evening all, I have a question.

Are there in the UK plus-size events in january or february other than Club-Indulge? Some years ago I attended 3 times at a London event (once a FF event and twice at BGP) and met some lovely people.

I send Club-Indulge an, I think, normal question and got an automatic answer, that rudely made me feel not welcome at their event.

So if you know of an event in London, or maybe Birmingham in jan-feb. next year that is not Club Indulge, I'd love to make that part of a train journey I'm planning to make through the UK.
6 months

Bbw events uk

I long for a UK event! I've tried to organise small get togethers with no real success, and the only events I can see are Club Indulge. Also events are mainly based in London but they do venture out occasionally to other parts of UK for us northern folk.

Miss Otis one of the administrators (Many many years ago now) helped to organise some FF Halloween events, but we've not done that in forever.

I organised a Birmingham event probably over 10 years ago now which was just a trip to Cadbury and a dinner out, so not really a party set up. But again trying to organise something similar has proved difficult, but maybe I will give it another go, or maybe you would be up for organising a meet up. Nothing stopping anyone form planning an event really.

Big Girls Paradise who did events in London / Manchester and the beauty pageant for BBW's went bust. I believe there were lots of issues with the organiser, which we won't go into.

Biggies also disappeared which was a club evening in London. Not sure what happened with this one tbh but it is sorely missed.

Club Indulge really does seem to be the only place at the moment catering to the market. I've not actually attended an Indulge get together yet so not sure what they are like but the pictures look fun. Sorry to hear that you were made to feel unwelcome, especially via an automated email.

I know on the website they do make it clear that it is a safe space for plus size folk to just enjoy being plus size without any fetish or kink stuff involved. From the website...

We have a strict 'No Creeps' policy, but we get that the plus size dating scene is small and toxic. So any so-called 'admirers' must understand their admittance is a privilege not a right. At best they are barely tolerated, and any creepy behaviour will be swiftly dealt with, both on-line and at events. Chucking creepy men out is our favourite part!)

But if that's what is worrying you, then don't because I have seen plenty of folks from the scene in the UK that identify as admirers, encouragers and feeders that are in the photo galleries and attend these events regularly.

Just attend have fun and enjoy yourself and see it as a night out and not a kink event. I am sure you will be fine!

Maybe others who have been to Club Indulge can give a better idea of what it's like to make you feel more welcome and comfortable attending. On their site they do say everyone who attends is very friendly and people who are on their own are usually quick to make friends. So it seems like a good night out!
6 months

Bbw events uk

I attended the very last FF meeting in London. Miss Otis already didn't host that one anymore. I believe it was in 2012. It was very much fun back then. After that event I visited twice BGP, wich was also very much fun.
I strongly agree with creating a place where obesity is kinda normalised, without judging being overweight. That is what BGP was and that is what the German parties are that that I sometimes attend.
But, if you attend as an admirer being called "the lowest of the lowest" in that automatic E-mail, I strongly believe, I'm not welcome at their events. Those words, "the lowest of the lowest" hit me deeply.
6 months

Bbw events uk

Decipher:
But, if you attend as an admirer being called "the lowest of the lowest" in that automatic E-mail, I strongly believe, I'm not welcome at their events. Those words, "the lowest of the lowest" hit me deeply.

I completely understand why you would feel hurt and unwelcome with language like that.

I think the organisers are coming from a good place. Not wanting potentially vulnerable folks being fetishised in an environment that is supposed to be non judgemental and fun.

Just a shame that they are judging fat admirers. I can only assume they have had some instances where people have displayed some sort of predatory behaviour, and made others feel uncomfortable, which goes against the atmosphere they are trying to create. So as a catch all to protect their guests they have tarred all FA's with the same brush.

Honestly though, I have seen FA's and Feeders who are members of this site, and past members (that have attended the FF Halloween events) in the photo gallery of the Club Indulge event section on the site. So it's not that you're not welcome, more like they are trying to set a precedent for the type of behaviour they expect when attending an event.

For what it's worth, having a preference or even engaging with Feedism does not make you or anyone the 'lowest of the low'. But unfortunately some folks do take advantage of others and give the kink / fetish a bad name.
6 months

Bbw events uk

Ten years ago there was quite a good scene in the UK and we even organised a number of our own plus-sized parties, however these days, other than Club-Indulge, the scene is completely dead. More than that, when we have tried to organise events there seems to be very little interest.

Decipher:
I send Club-Indulge an, I think, normal question and got an automatic answer, that rudely made me feel not welcome at their event.

My experience of Club-Indulge has been equally off-putting. From their website: club-indulge.com/faq:

I set up Indulge in protest of the creepy cattle markets that are unfortunately marketed towards plus size people. My aim with Indulge is to give people a better quality of choice and enjoy an atmosphere where confidence is built through community, rather than creepy 'admirers'.

and...

We welcome all shapes and sizes. However, guys - don't be a creep...if you just want to come and be a creep because you think fat girls are easy, you are not welcome at Indulge.

I tried twice to email them about a local event but got nothing other than an automated response. On the positive side, when the event was cancelled due to lack of interest, they did give me a full and prompt refund.

Is everyone so engrossed online these days that they've got no time for real life events? Is this the same in other countries, or is it just the UK? I'd be interested to hear your experiences.
6 months

Bbw events uk

Ten years ago there was a small scene in the Netherlands, with at the beginning 4 times a year a party, but when fewer people attended, it dropped to twice each year and it stoppen unfirtunately.
Till covid hit the world there were parties in Germany every month, exept august when lots of people are on holidays. After covid there have been 3 parties, but lots of venues didn't survive. Now it seems to be difficult to find a venue for an evening at reasonable costs. I hope Germany will restart again. For me in the northern part of the Netherlands, it was only a 2,5 hrs. drive to the German parties.
6 months

Bbw events uk

Is everyone so engrossed online these days that they've got no time for real life events? Is this the same in other countries, or is it just the UK? I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

X_Larsson:
Thank you for the information. Sweden is a total void in this respect. Women are much slimmer than in UK and especially US, I never see any events announced, and there is no online scene as far as I know. Also virtually no women from Sweden on the forum.

There are likely a few cultural reasons....
5 months

Bbw events uk

Calfrase17:
Surely it cant be hard to organise a event up north and one down south then a national one after that... X

Yeah go for it. If you're organising an event up north then I'd come to that.
4 months

Bbw events uk

Well I always suggest Manchester, but Liverpool or Chester could also be nice!
4 months

Bbw events uk

I gave up. So I planned my trip. On saturday 10. of febrauri is my scheduled night out in Birmingham.
4 months
12   loading