Feedback and suggestions

Notifications

Just a question for y'all. I keep getting notified of a profile view from a grayface from Fiji. When I attempt to view the account it's like it's a dead link. It won't take me to the profile. Is this an admin, or just a spam account. Thanks in advance.
6 months

Notifications

Double post…
6 months

Notifications

PricklyPearLvr:
Just a question for y'all. I keep getting notified of a profile view from a grayface from Fiji. When I attempt to view the account it's like it's a dead link. It won't take me to the profile. Is this an admin, or just a spam account. Thanks in advance.

Me and at least one other person I know of had that happen about a month ago. Gray face from Fiji, about 5 or 6 days in a row. I missed seeing them logged in by about 20 minutes once.

I talked to the staff about it, and they said it’s probably someone signing in with a VPN. It wasn’t admins or a bot that they knew of. That’s what happens when you delete your account. So probably someone making and deleting a new account every day. Very weird though. Maybe some kind of data scraper. I felt kinda paranoid about it at the time, though, and then it stopped.
6 months

Notifications

PricklyPearLvr:

Letters And Numbers:
Me and at least one other person I know of had that happen about a month ago. Gray face from Fiji, about 5 or 6 days in a row. I missed seeing them logged in by about 20 minutes once.

I talked to the staff about it, and they said it’s probably someone signing in with a VPN. It wasn’t admins or a bot that they knew of. That’s what happens when you delete your account. So probably someone making and deleting a new account every day. Very weird though. Maybe some kind of data scraper. I felt kinda paranoid about it at the time, though, and then it stopped.

I've heard tales of this guy, but I've never seen them (knock on wood). As I understand it, they are infamous.
6 months

Notifications

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
6 months

Notifications

PricklyPearLvr:

Letters And Numbers:

Yes I've seen this person in my notifications as well. Fiji's an interesting choice.

They could though just be concerned about being seen on this site, but it does feel a bit overboard deleting and remaking accounts everyday.
6 months

Notifications

PricklyPearLvr:

Letters And Numbers:

Sir Neapolitan:
Yes I've seen this person in my notifications as well. Fiji's an interesting choice.

They could though just be concerned about being seen on this site, but it does feel a bit overboard deleting and remaking accounts everyday.

It really feels sinister but maybe isn’t. But it’s the internet, so it probably is somehow.
6 months

Notifications

Just to bring this up again, cause it keeps happening, it would probably be less creepy if a person disappeared completely when they kill their account instead of leaving the ghosts behind in your feed. Just have the whole view/message/etc disappear. Or, even better, a post that says “UserNameXYZ” deleted their account. The way it’s done right now is the most unnerving option.
6 months

Notifications

I have brought this up with hiccupx again, and have established that this is a bug. Everyone is getting this notification. So please do not worry.

However I do think when someone deletes their account, notifications should be removed. This is a little difficult as most things are removed from a deleted profile instantaneously, But the notifications or messages that are linked with other members accounts, are a little harder to remove. But this is something we want to improve.
6 months

Notifications

Damn, and here I thought I was getting some looks.
5 months