Lifestyle tips

Stomach capacity

I want to eat more but I don't know how i can expand my stomach capacity, I remember that I heard about drinking water fast after getting full helps but I'm not sure if it helps
6 months

Stomach capacity

Yeah, it's all in the stretch. Eat more, pile liquid in over the top and stay topped up as long as possible.

In slightly more detail: Eat quickly and drink nothing until you hit the wall, then drink as much room-temp fluid as you can. Keep topping yourself up for the next hour or so. Prepare to be pretty hungry at the same time tomorrow.
5 months

Stomach capacity

A slower but (to me) more natural and enjoyable way is to just eat a little bit past full every meal and to snack in between meals. You won’t stretch your stomach as quickly as the other way, but you will increase your capacity and appetite more sustainably.
5 months

Stomach capacity

Eat rice until you think you throw up then wait 5-10 minutes eat again and then drink as much soda as you can. Your stomach will hurt a lot if you do to much but for me it worked well. The rice will expand in your stomach and will expand your stomach too.
4 months

Stomach capacity

Eat until you are stuffed, and then drink lukewarm liquid until you can't hold anything else. As soon as you feel the slightest bit of room, eat something else, and chase that with liquid too. Keep the cycle up, never pushing yourself to the point of pain, but also never letting your stomach feel like it has any space in it. You'll be surprised at how big your belly gets, and also at your capacity the next day.
4 months

Stomach capacity

Luked1893:
Does it actually increase your capacity that quick?

In my case, and for at least a couple of other people I know, yes. Obviously, it is still incremental, but over time, I expanded my calorie intake from around 2000 calories a day to 12,000 and sometimes more. And I certainly have stretched my stomach out. I'm tapering back to maintenance level, and I'm quite hungry on 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day.

That said, I have heard from others that after a full day pushing the limits, they could barely eat the following day. My point is, everyone is different, so give it a try and see what works!
4 months

Stomach capacity

BigBallBellyGirl:
In my case, and for at least a couple of other people I know, yes. Obviously, it is still incremental, but over time, I expanded my calorie intake from around 2000 calories a day to 12,000 and sometimes more. And I certainly have stretched my stomach out. I'm tapering back to maintenance level, and I'm quite hungry on 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day.

That said, I have heard from others that after a full day pushing the limits, they could barely eat the following day. My point is, everyone is different, so give it a try and see what works!

If I want to push myself how much time will it take until I can easily eat this much in a normal day?
4 months

Stomach capacity

BigBallBellyGirl:

OverindulgeMe:
If I want to push myself how much time will it take until I can easily eat this much in a normal day?

I should add the caveat that I have always been a big eater. When I was in high school, I would bring a lunch, buy a lunch, and then usually eat at the diner where I worked after school before starting my shift. I was over 300 pounds at graduation as well. In other words, my stomach was probably already very well stretched out.

I will also say that some people just struggle with stuffing. There are a lot of factors, including food intolerances and biology. What works for one person might not work exactly the same way for another. However... I have never met someone who didn't put on weight and grow their appetite by pushing every day. It's expensive, there are side effects, but it absolutely does work. Just be sensitive to your body. Push hard but not too hard so you don't turn yourself off from stuffing. Good luck!
4 months

Stomach capacity

BigBallBellyGirl:

OverindulgeMe:

BigBallBellyGirl:
I should add the caveat that I have always been a big eater. When I was in high school, I would bring a lunch, buy a lunch, and then usually eat at the diner where I worked after school before starting my shift. I was over 300 pounds at graduation as well. In other words, my stomach was probably already very well stretched out.

I will also say that some people just struggle with stuffing. There are a lot of factors, including food intolerances and biology. What works for one person might not work exactly the same way for another. However... I have never met someone who didn't put on weight and grow their appetite by pushing every day. It's expensive, there are side effects, but it absolutely does work. Just be sensitive to your body. Push hard but not too hard so you don't turn yourself off from stuffing. Good luck!

Yes to all of this. However, I just want to tack on that capacity training shouldn't hurt. It can be uncomfortable, but it shouldn't hurt.

Listen to your body. If your body tells you that it can't take it anymore, then stop. Best case scenario is you vomit everything back up. Worst case scenario is you end up doing some major damage.
4 months