Lifestyle tips

Health: info on wim hof breathing

How about everyone leaves this subject alone now. You are both obviously forthright. You might be able to actually enjoy some like minded banter?
Just stop chill and enjoy possible future in a passionate path to understanding?
Peace. Lol
5 months

I found what you discussed very interesting .
✌️
5 months

Munchies:
Did we read the same article? It specifically states that the autoimmune control, and anti-inflammatory aspects are not backed up by science.

From the article
More research is needed to understand exactly how the method works to bring about the benefits its practitioners note. Scientists need to learn if the results are due to breathing exercises, meditation, or cold exposure. They also need to determine if the physiological effects of the Wim Hof Method are short-term or long-term.

That sounds to me as if 'science' is interested in these investigations. Science helps you have an informed opinion, it's not the be-all-end-all. That maybe blasphemy to 'science believers'.
5 months

Munchies:
Did we read the same article? It specifically states that the autoimmune control, and anti-inflammatory aspects are not backed up by science.

From the article
More research is needed to understand exactly how the method works to bring about the benefits its practitioners note. Scientists need to learn if the results are due to breathing exercises, meditation, or cold exposure. They also need to determine if the physiological effects of the Wim Hof Method are short-term or long-term.

Weetabix:
That sounds to me as if 'science' is interested in these investigations. Science helps you have an informed opinion, it's not the be-all-end-all. That maybe blasphemy to 'science believers'.

I'm actually a Christian.

That said, if someone is making health claims, then they need to have proof they actually work. There's a lot of snake oil out there that at best doesn't do what it claims and at worst actively harms someone.
5 months

Munchies:

That said, if someone is making health claims, then they need to have proof they actually work. There's a lot of snake oil out there that at best doesn't do what it claims and at worst actively harms someone.

'Science' is no longer proof. It's so heavily biased towards the interests of the people funding the research that it needs to be considered an opinion.

I'd much rather go with anecdotal experiences of people who are actually trying to improve their own health. It's not proof either but there is no proof so give up on that.

If you really want to know if something works you would have to try it yourself having read and watched as much as you can about the treatment.

It's OK to believe in God, the proof is all around us. Don't believe in science, prove things yourself to your own satisfaction.
5 months

Munchies:

Weetabix:
'Science' is no longer proof. It's so heavily biased towards the interests of the people funding the research that it needs to be considered an opinion.

I'd much rather go with anecdotal experiences of people who are actually trying to improve their own health. It's not proof either but there is no proof so give up on that.

If you really want to know if something works you would have to try it yourself having read and watched as much as you can about the treatment.

It's OK to believe in God, the proof is all around us. Don't believe in science, prove things yourself to your own satisfaction.

What could go wrong! 😂
5 months

Munchies:

Weetabix:

Prove things to my own satisfaction?

My dear, that's science.

I will concede that not all research is created equally. That's why you have to research the research as well as have a working understanding of the topic to understand the paper in the first place.

That said, the point of research is to confirm repeatability. Was this a one-off? Are there any limitations? Does this work with some groups better than others? And so on and so forth.

And the funny thing about anecdotal evidence is that it's subject to the same flaws as peer-reviewed research. People lie because they have an incentive to do so. Or maybe they are doing something else that's causing changes and misattributing that to this breathing method. Maybe it does work, but only for certain kinds of people. Who's to say? But unlike anecdotal evidence, peer-reviewed research lays the methodology and conclusions out for all to see.

You just gotta understand what you're looking at.
5 months

Munchies:

Weetabix:

Letters And Numbers:
What could go wrong! 😂

I know right?
5 months
12   loading