Feedback and suggestions

Story formatting

So I'm new to writing on FF & in general, I can't help but notice that I can't italicize my work which is really awkward when it's called for. I want to emphasize certain words in dialogue and denote when something is being read by a character. I love FF so I'd hate to migrate/focus on a different site to share my stories, especially over something seemingly trivial like a formatting problem. Using asterisks feels very clunky and editing my stories so that I can post elsewhere is really tedious. I imagine this has been talked about before but I can't be bothered to search for it so I'm asking about it myself.

I use Google Docs to write and all I need to do is Shift I and it italicizes whatever I want, perhaps I'm just not aware of how I'd do it here. If anyone can help me that'd be greatly appreciated, I want to share my ideas the best way I can.

-With love, A.M.
5 months

Story formatting

Hi Abyssak Mind,

More formatting options has been something that has been requested by our authors on the site.

fantasyfeeder.com/forum/posts

The site owner has stated we may look to introduce more formatting options to keep things in line with other sites.

Hiccupx:
Thanks for your suggestions. Some of these we are intending to do and others not.

For regular stories, we may introduce italic text and perhaps central alignment, but not color, bold etc. This is to keep formatting in line with regular published novels where it's the story telling that is most important.

Hope this helps.

c00kie
FF Team
5 months

Story formatting

Thank you for the response, will everyone know when/if these changes will occur?
5 months

Story formatting

Abyssal Mind:
Thank you for the response, will everyone know when/if these changes will occur?

We don't always make notifications when site updates are made, but usually any updates to front end development with UI / UX there will be a post of the forum, or a site notification.

I can't make promises, but I can add to the notes about this improvement that a site update would be useful in this instance as a prompt.

Leave it with me!

Thanks,
c00kie
FF Team
5 months