Feedback and suggestions

Comments display bug

It seems that on many, if not most ocasions, the site fails to display comments on pictures, videos (and maybe stories, i will assume).

For example, many of the comments i do, i cannot see them. (that happens more often than not) and also, i can see a few comments on my pictures for example, when im scrolling through my activity, but if i click on the pictures themselves, the comment section apears empty! (with the typical *no comments* message)

Also, second idea that came to mind... Could there be a way to make code contributions, but for this to be fair, in a way that FF as a company operates as a democratic worker-owned cooperative? I really think that there would be lots of imorovements, and very quickly, if that was the case! Because its a really big thing to be just one person's side project.
4 months

Comments display bug

Enas:
It seems that on many, if not most ocasions, the site fails to display comments on pictures, videos (and maybe stories, i will assume).

For example, many of the comments i do, i cannot see them. (that happens more often than not) and also, i can see a few comments on my pictures for example, when im scrolling through my activity, but if i click on the pictures themselves, the comment section apears empty! (with the typical *no comments* message)

Also, second idea that came to mind... Could there be a way to make code contributions, but for this to be fair, in a way that FF as a company operates as a democratic worker-owned cooperative? I really think that there would be lots of imorovements, and very quickly, if that was the case! Because its a really big thing to be just one person's side project.

Users can hide individual comments made on their pics/stories. Do you think people don’t want your comments on their stuff and they’re hiding them?
4 months

Comments display bug

Enas:

Letters And Numbers:
Users can hide individual comments made on their pics/stories. Do you think people don’t want your comments on their stuff and they’re hiding them?

When this happens its immediate, even when the user is inactive, so that possibility, for the most part at least, can be ruled out! (i also never delete comments from my content yet still cant see comments often!)
4 months

Comments display bug

Thanks for highlighting this, I will inform hiccupx about this and add this to our work list.

I can see that you have some photos that say you have comments, but then no comments show underneath.

I have checked other users photo and the summary of comments and likes match the number of comments displayed. So this doesn't appear to be affecting all content. I don't think its an issue with users deleting comments, or deleting their accounts which removes all data, as you say your own comments are not shown on other users content sections.

If you could give some examples of this issue such as the usernames of members you have left comments on or even the URL of the picture, story or videotape you have left a comment on that is not showing that would be really helpful. We can then look at the details of that specific page as like I say this doesn't seem to be affecting all pics, videos or stories.

Also to address the 'code contribution' idea, we have had people offer to help with code in the past, and this is not something Hiccupx is open to. But thank you for the offer. Please note FF is not a side project. Hiccupx works on the site full time.
4 months