General

Random new views from fairy new account

Anyone els getting a random influx of new profile views from new accounts?
4 months

BigFox:

No more than usual. Are you in chat regularly? I notice the biggest spike in profile views when I'm either in chat or getting into it with another user in the forums. And you don't post enough for it to be the second one.
4 months

Chat helps for views but yeah I've gotten them as well. Just be careful tis the season to scam
4 months

2seatsalways:
Chat helps for views but yeah I've gotten them as well. Just be careful tis the season to scam

Hey, scammers gotta get Christmas gifts too smiley
4 months

BigFox:

Not me.

But, if I were you I wouldn't read into it too much. Maybe users with a face or body picture as the avatar image get more views.

Individuals who regularly post new pictures, post stories or update stories, or diary (gainer) entries probably all get more views too.

I also can't help but notice that in your avatar, in the image I do see a tobacco pipe. It's uncommon enough these days, that some folks might click based on just that alone.

But, these are theories. I actually have no idea at all.

Someone mentioned scams, but there's very, very easy fixes for this -

Don't give money to anyone you haven't met in person.

Exercise extreme caution and due diligence if calling into 3rd world/undeveloped/early developing countries - some phone companies there may charge premium rates (similar to 900 numbers) without notifying you. Read up on the 809 area code scam for an example of this.

Online shopping is different because with credit cards and PayPal, you can request a chargeback to refund the purchase when a merchant fails to deliver, and excessive chargebacks relative to overall sales volume will cause the merchant to lose the ability to accept payments. A merchant can avoid this by actually mailing what you ordered, or by doing what's promised. The likes of CashApp, crypto, etc. has no such protections.

4 months

Angelette:
When I first started out, I have gotten messages as usual from guys. Even if I hardly say a word. Now, it has toned down and I get messaged from people I know.

Even on my old account from 3 months back the same thing happened. Makes me wonder what happens if I switched the gender settings?

The older your account, the fewer DMs you get. And if you mark yourself as female, you get more engagement overall. Why? Because horny men want to get female attention - especially if the user is new and more easily manipulated.

Switching your gender to male only gives you a different set of problems. You'll still get the PMs from guys (usually gay or straight guys that didn't read), but then you get flooded with scammers begging (or demanding) you to feed them or give them money.

I think there's still a no gender option. I selected that when I first joined. I got 0 engagement for the first few months I was on here. Then, the moment I switched my gender to female, I got flooded with creeps.
4 months

Honestly I don't get a lot of profile views, or messages. Bit lonely out here tbh.
4 months

Angelette:
When I first started out, I have gotten messages as usual from guys. Even if I hardly say a word. Now, it has toned down and I get messaged from people I know.

Even on my old account from 3 months back the same thing happened. Makes me wonder what happens if I switched the gender settings?

Munchies:
The older your account, the fewer DMs you get. And if you mark yourself as female, you get more engagement overall. Why? Because horny men want to get female attention - especially if the user is new and more easily manipulated.

Switching your gender to male only gives you a different set of problems. You'll still get the PMs from guys (usually gay or straight guys that didn't read), but then you get flooded with scammers begging (or demanding) you to feed them or give them money.

I think there's still a no gender option. I selected that when I first joined. I got 0 engagement for the first few months I was on here. Then, the moment I switched my gender to female, I got flooded with creeps.

I went no-gender with my profile. It works fine for me. I get page views but I think that’s just because I’m annoying and on here all the time.
4 months

No more than usual. It's basically all just people looking though. I honestly wouldn't mind a few messages provided they're friendly and not just horniness!
4 months