Fat experiences

Too heavy for grocery store scooter

In the past 50 to 75 pounds of gain, walking around has become much more strenuous, and consequently, I'm moving less and gaining faster. That's not a huge obstacle in 2023, both because I have a partner and because you can have nearly everything you need delivered. That said, I do enjoy grocery shopping, and I generally use an in-store scooter, since we don't yet have the ability to put my new one in the car. (We're upgrading to a van soon, and we plan to add a hitch.) However, yesterday, the first scooter I got on stalled after traveling about 30 feet. We assumed it might be a mechanical issue, but when we traded places, it worked for my partner with no issues. Nevertheless, he took it back and brought a new one, which did exactly the same thing. We had to settle for letting me lean on a shopping cart, with him doing most of the running up and down aisles. While this definitely presents an inconvenience, it's also nice to hit a milestone of being fatter than most fat people who use the scooters!
4 months

Absolutely great experience you had. Outgrowing a piece of equipment is just a great experience to know and show how big you are.
4 months

BigBallBellyGirl:
In the past 50 to 75 pounds of gain, walking around has become much more strenuous, and consequently, I'm moving less and gaining faster. That's not a huge obstacle in 2023, both because I have a partner and because you can have nearly everything you need delivered. That said, I do enjoy grocery shopping, and I generally use an in-store scooter, since we don't yet have the ability to put my new one in the car. (We're upgrading to a van soon, and we plan to add a hitch.) However, yesterday, the first scooter I got on stalled after traveling about 30 feet. We assumed it might be a mechanical issue, but when we traded places, it worked for my partner with no issues. Nevertheless, he took it back and brought a new one, which did exactly the same thing. We had to settle for letting me lean on a shopping cart, with him doing most of the running up and down aisles. While this definitely presents an inconvenience, it's also nice to hit a milestone of being fatter than most fat people who use the scooters!

This is a milestone I feel some overlook. Those scooters can work but too much heavy strain and they stall out fast. Congrats on the big accomplishment
4 months

BigBallBellyGirl:

If I recall correctly, store scooters have a max weight of 500 lbs. Any bigger and you'll need to bring your own. Those can get pricey, so ask your doctor for help. It may be covered under your insurance.
4 months

That sounds right. I used one without issues around 440, but I seem to have exceeded their capacity.
4 months