General

Knees

Weetabix:
"Please do not go around spreading misinformation."

Words to live by, yet you don't follow your own advice.

Munchies:
I cited my sources. Where are yours?

Weetabix:
Your sources are the problem, they're dis-info.

You claim that most medical interventions are successful but that's like claiming most times you drive through a red traffic light nothing bad happens.

Most people who had the jab survived thus far.

The medical profession is shameful and corrupt. Citing sources simply shows the saturation of the corruption. Disgusting.

I still see a lack of sources. Which means your sources are "trust me bro" and "I made it up."

The moment you start attacking the other person and cannot provide evidence of your claims is the moment you've lost the arguement. That's debate 101.

Do you know why I'm always so cocksure when I make a post? It's because a take the time to double check what I know and research the information to make things more coherant. I made the mistake of not doing that once.

Once.

And I was wrong. The other person was very kind about it, but it humbled me so bad. Never made that mistake again.

Here's the thing. If you say, "I had this problem, and this worked for me," that's fine. Everyone shares anecdotal evidence all the time. But if someone says something that you disagree with, then you better be able to back up why.

And if you can't then it's better to say nothing. Because if you can't back up what you say, no one will listen to you. At least people who can think critically.
3 months

Knees

BigBallBellyGirl:
I have had knee issues as well since high school. I had less pain when, for a bit, I dropped below 200 pounds. Because I'm over 500 and plan to stay this big, I've started doing little things like short daily walks to mitigate some of the aches. This new routine plus stretching seems to help, albeit not eliminate, discomfort in my back and knees.

This is what I was talking about earlier. There are things you can do at home to manage the issue. It may not completely fix it, but you can manage it.

Losing weight can be a big help since it takes pressure off the knees. But if that's not something you want to do excise can help. It strengthens your knees and keeps then lubercated.

On that note, water exercises can help too - especially since the water helps take some of the weight off.
3 months

Knees

My knees was messed up from previous events before I got real big. My left knee was hyper exstended 30 degrees past the knee cap. And my right knee took a hit when a car merged in to me when I was on a motorcycle. I need to use braces to keep them from moving out of place at times. And is one of the reasions why I had to quit gaining and started loosing weight. So knee braces will fit right.
3 months

Knees

BigBallBellyGirl:
I have had knee issues as well since high school. I had less pain when, for a bit, I dropped below 200 pounds. Because I'm over 500 and plan to stay this big, I've started doing little things like short daily walks to mitigate some of the aches. This new routine plus stretching seems to help, albeit not eliminate, discomfort in my back and knees.

Munchies:
This is what I was talking about earlier. There are things you can do at home to manage the issue. It may not completely fix it, but you can manage it.

Losing weight can be a big help since it takes pressure off the knees. But if that's not something you want to do excise can help. It strengthens your knees and keeps then lubercated.

On that note, water exercises can help too - especially since the water helps take some of the weight off.

I love swimming and stretching in the water. My membership is lapsed now, but a couple of years ago, I joined a gym exclusively for access to a heated indoor pool. Renewing might not be such a bad idea, just to keep my body moving.
3 months

Knees

Morbidly A Beast:
This vague Covid conspiracy stuff and lumping it in with routine knee care is really dumb

Weetabix:
Yeah well we have to be vague about that subject because of censorship. It's an example of how the whole medical industry is corrupt. They knew better but went ahead anyway.

If the rollout of the COVID vaccine is the only reason why you don't trust the medical industry, then maaaaaaaybe that's a you problem.

Because you could have talking about literally anything else. But nope. You had to bring up COVID.

Again.

And that's never ended well for you.

As we say in my neck of the woods, bless your heart.
3 months

Knees

BigFox:
My knees was messed up from previous events before I got real big. My left knee was hyper exstended 30 degrees past the knee cap. And my right knee took a hit when a car merged in to me when I was on a motorcycle. I need to use braces to keep them from moving out of place at times. And is one of the reasions why I had to quit gaining and started loosing weight. So knee braces will fit right.

😬
3 months

Knees

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:
I love swimming and stretching in the water. My membership is lapsed now, but a couple of years ago, I joined a gym exclusively for access to a heated indoor pool. Renewing might not be such a bad idea, just to keep my body moving.

A heated pool? Girl, I wish I had one of those were I live. I'd never leave during the fall and winter months.
3 months

Knees

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:
A heated pool? Girl, I wish I had one of those were I live. I'd never leave during the fall and winter months.

Absolutely loved it. Surprisingly, it often wasn't that busy. I guess swimming just doesn't occur to a lot of people as an activity in the cold months. I definitely got my money's worth on the pool alone though. I only didn't renew because we had some unexpected expenses and were cutting extras at the time.
3 months

Knees

Morbidly A Beast:
This vague Covid conspiracy stuff and lumping it in with routine knee care is really dumb

Weetabix:
Yeah well we have to be vague about that subject because of censorship. It's an example of how the whole medical industry is corrupt. They knew better but went ahead anyway.

Being skeptical of the medical industry for its greed and ineffectual practices are one thing but to go out and just spout baseless conspiracy theories about effectiveness of the Covid vaccines makes you sound like a crazy person and is a huge association fallacy
3 months

Knees

also imagine being an at risk person (obese) and spouting this stuff. I’ve had it four times and I’m fully vaccinated
3 months
1234   loading