Lifestyle tips

Skiing when getting fat

Hi beautiful peoples 😊

I was wandering at which weight range you started to have problems when skiing or snowboarding ?
I am aware that it come down to personal fitness and experience … still I drove to here at what weight you can still ski or maybe not and what the challenges are ☃️
2 months

Skiing when getting fat

Hhhggg:
Hi beautiful peoples 😊

I was wandering at which weight range you started to have problems when skiing or snowboarding ?
I am aware that it come down to personal fitness and experience … still I drove to here at what weight you can still ski or maybe not and what the challenges are ☃️

It really is just personal fitness. I’m sure that you’re aware of how tiring a day of skiing/snowboarding can be. That being said, you don’t really see many bigger people on the slopes at all especially on the harder slopes so I would have to imagine past a certain size they become too hard to manoeuvre on or too exhausting for bigger people. I know a couple bigger people who go skiing (5’11” 106kg) and don’t really have an issue but they both don’t really attempt the harder slopes and a part of their weight is muscle not fat (they are fat but they have muscles under that fat). I also have no issue with skiing (I just got back from a trip a few days ago) and while I’m not massive, I still have a bit of weight on me and in fact I gained weight while I was away.

I think that if you keep your skiing up while you are gaining and try to build muscle under your fat, you should be able to keep skiing/snowboarding for longer than the average bigger person would but at some point if you continue to gain without a set end then you will have to give up snowsports at some point.
Hope this helped! smiley
2 months