General

Can a man be muscular but have a big soft belly at the same time?

Plump Belly To Curvy:
If you're asking how to get it, drinking as much heavy (whipping) cream as you can handle a little before bed helps. That tends to put on soft fat. Rather than half n half or whole milk, which adds more protein and might add muscle.

Can you do this? Yes. Will it work? Probably.

But the trade-off of over-reliance on heavy cream to gain is the increased risk of heart disease.

Heavy cream is high in saturated fat. This is the fat that tends to encourage subcutaneous fat. However, diets high in saturated fat have long been linked to increased risks of heart disease. Your best bet is to use heavy cream as a calorie supplement and get the bulk of your calories from other sources.
2 months

Plump Belly To Curvy:
If you're asking how to get it, drinking as much heavy (whipping) cream as you can handle a little before bed helps. That tends to put on soft fat. Rather than half n half or whole milk, which adds more protein and might add muscle.

Personally, I have no attempts to gain weight. But thanks. your advice can still be read by other gainers who wish to gain weight while having a soft stomach.
2 months

Stockylove:
Hello, Well everything is in the titre.

Lex243:
very much yes, and personally I think it’s a very attractive body type

Lol this is literally my build
2 months

Stockylove:
Hello, Well everything is in the titre.

Lex243:
very much yes, and personally I think it’s a very attractive body type

P34c3432:
Lol this is literally my build

Ha yes.
2 months

Plump Belly To Curvy:

Munchies:
Can you do this? Yes. Will it work? Probably.

But the trade-off of over-reliance on heavy cream to gain is the increased risk of heart disease.

Heavy cream is high in saturated fat. This is the fat that tends to encourage subcutaneous fat. However, diets high in saturated fat have long been linked to increased risks of heart disease. Your best bet is to use heavy cream as a calorie supplement and get the bulk of your calories from other sources.

Actually the danger of saturated animal fats related to heart disease via cholesterol and "artery clogging" is outdated and incorrect info, despite the fact that it's still out there all over the place. Turns out in all people but the few with genetically super high cholesterol, cholesterol is actually there for protective reasons protecting the body from worse dangers. And cholesterol is the foundation of hormones. With too low cholesterol, not enough of various hormones may be made, which throws off the body and disregard it. So saturated fat is not the danger it once was considered to be. The all-cause mortality rate from too-low cholesterol is about the same as from too-high cholesterol.

And heavy cream does help make lovely soft subcutaneous fat. Which can be healthy and even protective as long as fat cells are small with more of them vs large with fewer of them. More recent metabolic research backs this up and is extensive. Just not touted. Puzzlingly.
2 months

Plump Belly To Curvy:
Actually the danger of saturated animal fats related to heart disease via cholesterol and "artery clogging" is outdated and incorrect info, despite the fact that it's still out there all over the place. Turns out in all people but the few with genetically super high cholesterol, cholesterol is actually there for protective reasons protecting the body from worse dangers. And cholesterol is the foundation of hormones. With too low cholesterol, not enough of various hormones may be made, which throws off the body and disregard it. So saturated fat is not the danger it once was considered to be. The all-cause mortality rate from too-low cholesterol is about the same as from too-high cholesterol.

And heavy cream does help make lovely soft subcutaneous fat. Which can be healthy and even protective as long as fat cells are small with more of them vs large with fewer of them. More recent metabolic research backs this up and is extensive. Just not touted. Puzzlingly.

Source?

Because, I have some to share.

heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/fats/saturated-fats

As you can see here, the official advice is all things in moderation. And if you don't true the American Heart Association, then here are some other sources:

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/fats-and-cholesterol/types-of-fat/
medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000838.htm
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good
vox.com/2015/11/24/9782098/dietary-fat-saturated-fat-good-or-bad

As you can see here, the controversy around saturated fat isn't whether or not saturated fat doesn't raise your LDL cholesterol levels. The controversy is whether or not cutting it out of your diet is beneficial. A lot of nutrient-rich foods have saturated fat, and cutting them out of your diet it bad. So the general advice is to be mindful of your consumption.

Another thing to add is that heavy cream often has additives that, in high amounts, can mess up your internals. Common additives include carrageenan and sodium caseinate. Here's what both can do in high amounts:
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34146449/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7468913/

Also, while there is evidence that saturated fat can encourage subcutaneous fat, how much it impacts you comes down to hormones and genetics.

Once again, use it as a calorie supplement. A lot of people report appetite loss when they consume a lot of heavy cream. Considering the sheer amount of macro and micro-nutrients you need to consume to get muscle gains, heavy cream is not a good source of those.
webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-of-heavy-whipping-cream

As you can see here, while a half cup of heavy cream has lots of vitamins, it only has 3 grams of protein in it. Meanwhile, a cup of chicken as 38.2 grams.

fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/171450/nutrients
2 months

Plump Belly To Curvy:

Munchies:
Source?

Because, I have some to share.

heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/fats/saturated-fats

As you can see here, the official advice is all things in moderation. And if you don't true the American Heart Association, then here are some other sources:

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/fats-and-cholesterol/types-of-fat/
medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000838.htm
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good
vox.com/2015/11/24/9782098/dietary-fat-saturated-fat-good-or-bad

As you can see here, the controversy around saturated fat isn't whether or not saturated fat doesn't raise your LDL cholesterol levels. The controversy is whether or not cutting it out of your diet is beneficial. A lot of nutrient-rich foods have saturated fat, and cutting them out of your diet it bad. So the general advice is to be mindful of your consumption.

Another thing to add is that heavy cream often has additives that, in high amounts, can mess up your internals. Common additives include carrageenan and sodium caseinate. Here's what both can do in high amounts:
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34146449/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7468913/

Also, while there is evidence that saturated fat can encourage subcutaneous fat, how much it impacts you comes down to hormones and genetics.

Once again, use it as a calorie supplement. A lot of people report appetite loss when they consume a lot of heavy cream. Considering the sheer amount of macro and micro-nutrients you need to consume to get muscle gains, heavy cream is not a good source of those.
webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-of-heavy-whipping-cream

As you can see here, while a half cup of heavy cream has lots of vitamins, it only has 3 grams of protein in it. Meanwhile, a cup of chicken as 38.2 grams.

fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/171450/nutrients

I do have loads of official medical journal sources too, but not handy. The basic dynamic is blood becomes too acidic because of our diet, and cholesterol is produced as a sort of bandaid to avoid the acid blood eating away at our blood veins. So cholesterol is caught up in plaque and clots. But these largely firm from calcium deposits. The calcium is leached from your bones to add basic oh to the acid to neutralize it. This is a big reason for osteoporosis. Cutting cholesterol down is a key reason why so many middle aged people have low hormones and get hormone replacement therapy much more in the last 29 years or so. I happened to be at a good fats conference when too high cholesterol numbers were dropped down to a level doctors there (MDs) shared among themselves they feared was too low.

Medical literature has many articles on how many small subcutaneous fat (soft surface fat) cells actually protect against some cancers, and do not contribute to metabolic problems. Especially in lower body fat, but also in breasts. Large, more filled cells do cause metabolic problems. Visceral fat (hard belly fat) is the type which causes the most metabolic problems. However if you lose weight or yo-yo, visceral fat burns away faster than subcutaneous fat. Visceral fat is higher metabolic fat. So you can get rid of a bunch of it by eating healthier, exercising, and losing it preferentially. While still carrying a lot of subcutaneous fat.

It's why you see the paradox of seemingly healthy very heavy people.

Although I am not a healthcare professional,
medical literature search will back up what I'm saying in detail. I did that research before gaining after seeing a number of highly informed posts and comments here on FF in April 2021 about why heavy cream is a healthy way to gain.
2 months

Plump Belly To Curvy:
I do have loads of official medical journal sources too, but not handy. The basic dynamic is blood becomes too acidic because of our diet, and cholesterol is produced as a sort of bandaid to avoid the acid blood eating away at our blood veins. So cholesterol is caught up in plaque and clots. But these largely firm from calcium deposits. The calcium is leached from your bones to add basic oh to the acid to neutralize it. This is a big reason for osteoporosis. Cutting cholesterol down is a key reason why so many middle aged people have low hormones and get hormone replacement therapy much more in the last 29 years or so. I happened to be at a good fats conference when too high cholesterol numbers were dropped down to a level doctors there (MDs) shared among themselves they feared was too low.

Medical literature has many articles on how many small subcutaneous fat (soft surface fat) cells actually protect against some cancers, and do not contribute to metabolic problems. Especially in lower body fat, but also in breasts. Large, more filled cells do cause metabolic problems. Visceral fat (hard belly fat) is the type which causes the most metabolic problems. However if you lose weight or yo-yo, visceral fat burns away faster than subcutaneous fat. Visceral fat is higher metabolic fat. So you can get rid of a bunch of it by eating healthier, exercising, and losing it preferentially. While still carrying a lot of subcutaneous fat.

It's why you see the paradox of seemingly healthy very heavy people.

Although I am not a healthcare professional,
medical literature search will back up what I'm saying in detail. I did that research before gaining after seeing a number of highly informed posts and comments here on FF in April 2021 about why heavy cream is a healthy way to gain.

I would like to see the medical sources you referenced - especially the sources because not all medical studies are created equal. I usually try to post digestible sources, but if you have something that breaks down the studies, I would love to see them.

I would especially love to see your sources on blood acidity as food doesn't make your blood acidic. It makes your urine acidic. Under normal circumstances, the body is very good at maintaining homeostasis.

You are also wrong about cholesterol. We need cholesterol to build cell membranes, make hormones, bile acid, and help our metabolisms function. But not all cholesterol is created equal and it is possible to overdo it.

Also, I am not saying that heavy cream is the devil. I am saying to be mindful of your consumption as over-consumption may cause unintended consequences. And if you are going for a muscular body with a squishy belly, heavy cream is best used as a calorie supplement.

Which is what I said.

And I should know because I am an ex-gainer turned feeder who is muscular and studied biology in college.

Also, why are you using FF as a source? When I make posts, I cite my sources because I know FF isn't a good source of information. I have spent the past two years correcting dangerous and deadly information I've seen in these very forms. It's why I have so many posts. I have seen so many posts promoting habits that can land people in the hospital or kill them.

Also, sources:

betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/cholesterol
healthline.com/health/ph-of-blood#causes-of-abnormalities
my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/24492-metabolic-acidosis
mdanderson.org/publications/focused-on-health/the-alkaline-diet--what-you-need-to-know.h18-1592202.html
2 months
12   loading