General

Best place to go for (cheap) clothes for button popping?

ILuvChubbyChix:
There's a myriad of cheap options out there, since for this purpose you aren't going to care if it's tacky and/or poorly made. A lot of these are likely things you shouldn't wear day to day.

As a bonus, if it's cheap, the stitching is likely to be weak with buttons more weakly attached, suggesting they're more likely to burst.

A few ideas:

- Thrift stores but someone mentioned that already.

- Clearance Racks.

Most stores always end up with too much stock, and repeatedly make the mistake of stocking tacky stuff no one actually wants, or gets rarely used even if someone does buy it.

- Yard/garage sales - probably listed on Craigslist these days.

- Freecycle/NextDoor

Maybe Facebook, too.

- Wal-Mart or Target (at least for tops)

Wrangler jeans are actually quite well made despite the relative cheapness.

- No-name clothing off of Amazon

Especially the stuff with pricing almost too cheap to believe. There is Temu but there have been too many anecdotal reports of bogus purchases, or being for an incorrect amount.

And finally, perhaps the most fun idea of them all -

A stockpile of old clothing you have that didn't fit 20+ or even 40+ lbs ago.

So funnily enough... turns out there's some clothes that, while they look like they have that didn't fit 20-40lbs ago are actually... junior sized clothing technically in their size.

Like, an XL tank top can't even go past the belly button bahaha
2 months

I Am Probably Cranky:
Feeder (kind of)/FA with a partner who loves to stuff/bloat, and also loves the idea of button popping.

I'm thinking of places, like both online and physical stores. Location is IL, Chicago Area (which is a big area, so I'm not doxxing myself lol). Shirts or pants, honestly (though I kinda like shirt option more).

If you have a particular shirt/pair of pants to share, please do!

I think I just need to get a few individuals' options and opinions, rather than trying to go out in this overwhelming world of options.

In store other than already mentioned:

Ross Dress For Less
TJ Maxx

Both have many choices on big sale.

Online for women, Fashion Nova has button dresses and shirts in pretty big sizes, even some button front pants, but those are generally only in smaller sizes. There are many less expensive online clothing retailers for men with button shirts. Check the "Product Description" to see whether fabric has stretch and how much.
2 months

I have never popped a button because sweatpants and “gym” shorts don’t have buttons 🙈
2 months

Goodwill or any thrift store.
I buy clothes there sometimes for working in my shop.
2 months

I think Goodwill or salvation army because they're cheap and usually a bit well worn.
2 months
12   loading