General

Why are so many discussions getting locked?

X_Larsson:
So more ad hominem being dished out (but not by me, but by the "caring" and "tolerant" people, again?), while the straight forward question from myself and @Letters and Numbers remains un-addressed.

And it would be helpful to see the justification given as a final post if a discussion is shut down.

Can we by the way assume that ad hominem to the level used against me and some others is "free for all" to use without any repercussions? Is that the core and spirit of this board of "open" and "tolerant" people? Today it seems to be the way.

Darling, I believe you and I have very different recollections of how that conversation went. That said, do you really believe this is the wisest way to go about this?

Because while I have no desire to rehash what happened beyond what I've already said, I can't promise the same for others. If you honestly believe that you are the victim of ad hominem attacks (though I don't believe you are), wouldn't calling attention to that previous altercation put a target on your for ad hominem attacks?

There's this thing called the Streisand effect. You should look into it.
2 months

X_Larsson:
So more ad hominem being dished out (but not by me, but by the "caring" and "tolerant" people, again?), while the straight forward question from myself and @Letters and Numbers remains un-addressed.

And it would be helpful to see the justification given as a final post if a discussion is shut down.

Can we by the way assume that ad hominem to the level used against me and some others is "free for all" to use without any repercussions? Is that the core and spirit of this board of "open" and "tolerant" people? Today it seems to be the way.

Munchies:

Darling, I believe you and I have very different recollections of how that conversation went. That said, do you really believe this is the wisest way to go about this?

Because while I have no desire to rehash what happened beyond what I've already said, I can't promise the same for others. If you honestly believe that you are the victim of ad hominem attacks (though I don't believe you are), wouldn't calling attention to that previous altercation put a target on your for ad hominem attacks?

Jfc gaslighting and victim blaming
2 months

X_Larsson:

At no point did anyone ever say your argument was invalid because of things you cannot control, that is what constitutes an ad hominem attack. You were corrected on a issue and you doubled down on the issue and had a tantrum when you refused to take the L and apologize

Tolerant people have a right to intolerate intolerance
2 months

X_Larsson:

Munchies:

Igetthejoke:
Jfc gaslighting and victim blaming

Since you are not aware of what happened, OP made a series of posts about fat women in his area. He made a number of posts many deemed misogynistic and fatphobic. Thos led to a number of people criticizing him. However, he quadrupled down. Those who were here to criticize his comments eventually stopped responding after a while.

But there were a number of people who were in their emotions and started clowning on him. It got really ugly for a bit. Eventually, the mods locked the thread.

The only reason I am bringing this up is to defend myself from a person who has not even half the facts. I do not want this to devolve into a game of "let's attack OP." I may fundamentally disagree with many of his takes, but this specific issue has already been beaten to death and does not need to be rehashed.

Drop it. You don't know what you're talking about, and you are not helping.
2 months

Mmmmm Idris Elba 😍🔥
2 months

MVP76:
Mmmmm Idris Elba 😍🔥

He is a ridiculously pretty man.
2 months

X_Larsson:

I agree. Good housekeeping. It also opens up unpaid, volunteer mods to potential harassment, so I see both sides.
2 months

Letters And Numbers:
I’m pretty much of the mind that unless it’s about size acceptance or other weight related political issues, there’s the ENTIRE REST OF THE INTERNET to talk about politics. It’s inescapable. This site can be an oasis from that. But just my opinion.

I’ve been thinking this too lately like this site is just not the place for it! There’s so many other discussions which could be enjoyed here which could otherwise not happen so comfortably in other spaces! We should keep it to those 🥰
2 months

X_Larsson:

Morbidly A Beast:
At no point did anyone ever say your argument was invalid because of things you cannot control, that is what constitutes an ad hominem attack. You were corrected on a issue and you doubled down on the issue and had a tantrum when you refused to take the L and apologize

Tolerant people have a right to intolerate intolerance

Pretty ironic for you of all people to say. You support munchies, easily the most toxic person I've ever seen on this website.
1 month

My turn for irony. Thread locked.
1 month
345   loading