Fat experiences

Finally talked to my wife about my weight.

It's no secret that I've gained weight. Hard to hide when you gain 64lbs in 8 months. But I hold my cards close to my chest in regards to talking about gaining.

I am going on vacation next week and needed to buy a couple shirts because my summer clothes are way too tight. I've recently graduated to the big boy store because I don't fit into clothes at normal stores. I was able to find a few things, but not as many as I hoped.

Today, I mentioned to my wife that I will have to buy some clothes while we're on vacation. I opened up that I need to go to plus size stores because I can't find anything that fits me. I had never discussed that before. She's good with it, not that I expected anything different. But as I mentioned, I don't talk about my gains.

I like being big and don't see that changing any time soon. But even just by saying I need bigger clothes, I felt a big relief. I don't know why I'm not comfortable discussing it with her, but I'm glad I did. She doesn't care, she's seen me big and small and all points in between.

All this is to say, that after I tall with her, it made me feel better. I've eaten a ton today and can see myself gaining more now that its more in the open.
2 months

Why do you think you have a hard time talking about it with her?
2 months

64 pounds in eight months? What’s your recipe for success?
2 months

There is something about acknowledging it for me, that seems to bring a sort of peace with it. In the past few days, I’ve mentioned to a few friends and family members that I have needed to get larger clothes. I feel like it sort of wards off the idea that I may be oblivious to my expanding size.

I also was probably the most direct I have ever been with my doctor recently at my annual physical by saying that I am not unhappy being fat and that I am confident with the weight I have gained. I felt so much better. I’ve always played a bit dumb and given excuses as to why my weight has fluctuated. But not doing that this time really made me feel good.
2 months

Kacchan:
Why do you think you have a hard time talking about it with her?

I'm not sure. I suppose it's along the lines of social acceptance. She wouldn't understand that I actually enjoy this.
2 months

HRHB15:
64 pounds in eight months? What’s your recipe for success?

Eating haha.

I was eating about 4500 calories a day a few months ago. I'm hovering around 3000 now. A lot of the foods I eat aren't the healthiest. Plus I used to be fat so I guess I woke a sleeping giant.

To be honest I am quite surprised at gaining 64lbs this quickly. When I started my journey, I was hoping to reach 275lbs in 5 years. Slow and steady gaining.

Instead I've gained 80% of the weight needed to reach the goal in 8 months. Oops.
2 months

Wow. Congratulations!
2 months

HRHB15:
There is something about acknowledging it for me, that seems to bring a sort of peace with it. In the past few days, I’ve mentioned to a few friends and family members that I have needed to get larger clothes. I feel like it sort of wards off the idea that I may be oblivious to my expanding size.

I also was probably the most direct I have ever been with my doctor recently at my annual physical by saying that I am not unhappy being fat and that I am confident with the weight I have gained. I felt so much better. I’ve always played a bit dumb and given excuses as to why my weight has fluctuated. But not doing that this time really made me feel good.

This is great!
2 months