General

Ramadan gaining?

I am no Muslim myself, but having some friends experiencing the Ramadan month.

They go to buffets after sunset (since they cannot eat during day time) with a great appetite and the food were very oily with high carbs. It seems a weight gain is inevitable, though they are not really gainers and not aiming to do so.

The below article also point out similar phenomenon. So, will real gainer also utilize this oppotunity to make some gains?

edition.cnn.com/2013/08/07/world/meast/ramadan-over-eating-eid/index.html
1 month

Ramadan gaining?

I have always wondered about this. I have a muslim friend who gained something like 40 pounds last year. It's gotta be a very fattening time.
1 month

Ramadan gaining?

LouisXXIV:
I am no Muslim myself, but having some friends experiencing the Ramadan month.

They go to buffets after sunset (since they cannot eat during day time) with a great appetite and the food were very oily with high carbs. It seems a weight gain is inevitable, though they are not really gainers and not aiming to do so.

The below article also point out similar phenomenon. So, will real gainer also utilize this oppotunity to make some gains?

]edition.cnn.com/2013/08/07/world/meast/ramadan-over-eating-eid/index.html

This is actually similar to how some feedists get out of their gaining plateaus - just not as intense. Intermittent fasting mixed with overeating is a doozy on your waistline.

That said, when observed correctly, most don't gain weight. Easier said than done when your stomach is eating your back.
1 month