Lifestyle tips

How to keep motivated

I was wondering how people are able to keep themselves motivated and consistently work towards gaining and getting even fatter without quitting? What are some tips for staying motivated and pushing yourself to continue, even when it gets a bit tough?
1 month

How to keep motivated

J8o8h8n:
I was wondering how people are able to keep themselves motivated and consistently work towards gaining and getting even fatter without quitting? What are some tips for staying motivated and pushing yourself to continue, even when it gets a bit tough?

If you aren't motivated to keep gaining, step back and ask yourself why. Are you so focused about the destination that you forgot about the journey? Are your goals too hard to reach? Is your original motivation no longer useful?

If I recall correctly, you are a min-max gainer. In other words, you are trying to do every to optimize your gains. You want to reach your goals as fast as possible.

Min-max gaining is great in the short-term but impossible in the long-term. You will lose your motivation when things get hard or no longer fun.

This is why I preach hedonistic gaining. It's all about finding your bliss. You probably won't gain as quickly, but you'll have more fun doing it. You are less likely to lose motivation as well.
1 month

How to keep motivated

my appetite won’t allow anything else 🙈

I don’t even count calories and manage to gain weight granted I’m almost completely sedentary and eat a lot. The only times I know how many calories I eat is when I get McDonald’s cause I know that a all in double quarter pounder with bacon is 840 calories and I get 4, I don’t even wanna know how many are in 3 5 guys burgers or 4 chipotle burritos or a large pizza
1 month

How to keep motivated

Also, be mindful they are allowed a 20%margin of error, so your calorie count will be actually larger than what's stated..
1 month

How to keep motivated

In my case, when I started to do active/pushed gains, I would do it in cycles alongside heavy cream, stopping when fatigue kicked in.

I also prefer 'little and often', I still have to push myself a bit but it's allot easier to have say two meals/snacks over a few hours than the same amount in one sitting.

Also, find foods which have kcal but not too filling, it doesn't have to just be McDonalds but a couple of small pepperoni microwave pizzas is ~900kcal and relatively cheap where I live (pack of 8 is £5.50).

Right now I'd say my job is the biggest factor, it's both shift work and variable hours. During peak times, it's effectively pointless gaining but right now when I'm on minimum I've been using this time to try and gain a bit and it's the longest cream gain I've been on (likely because I'm able to spread my eating out a bit so it feels less forced).

edit:

I also seem to be able to eat overall more now as well.
4 weeks