Fat experiences

Gaining weight as an incredibly thin person

One thing I feel that isn't touched on a lot is what is experienced from gaining weight when you've been skinny your whole life.

I know I could never compare to a lot of the people on this site when it comes to experiencing weight gain and the fat that comes along with it. My whole life I have been the thinnest person in the room, getting comments saying I need to eat more or I'm gonna blow away in the wind. As a result, I've found the concept of gaining even a small amount of weight or fat incredibly exciting. This is something that I've been experiencing lately which, again, I know a lot of people already experience on a daily basis, but the concept of having even a little fat is extraordinary.

As of lately I've taken the time to try to eat as many calories as I can over the past few weeks, of which has allowed me to put on enough weight to get just the smallest of a fat layer on my body. Let me just say, it is probably one of the greatest experiences ever. I never thought about just how squishy or plump fat can be. Most of the weight I added on has gone to my belly which isn't all that much, but it's sorta softened it up a bit. It's honestly, really exciting! I love just feeling it or mushing it about, and it really makes me envy all your gigantic gainers out there. I definitely want to try to gain more weight, but even this little taste of what fat feels like is so encouraging. Being skinny also tends to make the weight gain more apparent as my body softens up little by little.

I know we aim to truly appreciate the biggest of us, but it's always nice to take the time to admire the small bits of weight gain for the skinniest.

Just wanted to talk a bit about my experience, and if I gain any more I'll probably make more posts like this about my experience.
1 week

You can try to gain weight, but be aware that weight is far more complicated than calories in and calories out. Some fat people were never meant to be thin, and some thin people were never meant to be fat. The body's regulating system tries very hard to keep things as they are. Also, some thin or normal people who finally break through and start gaining cannot stop. Some people just wanted to gain 50 pounds ended up close to 600 pounds and still gaining. So, be careful what you wish for.
1 week

Johnxyz:
You can try to gain weight, but be aware that weight is far more complicated than calories in and calories out. Some fat people were never meant to be thin, and some thin people were never meant to be fat. The body's regulating system tries very hard to keep things as they are. Also, some thin or normal people who finally break through and start gaining cannot stop. Some people just wanted to gain 50 pounds ended up close to 600 pounds and still gaining. So, be careful what you wish for.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sure, the things you discussed are real, but most people are fine. It sounds like OP has a high metabolism. He's 25, 5'10", and 135 lbs. He needs to eat a lot just to maintain his current weight - forget about gaining. This is not to say he can't gain weight, but it will be harder for him.

That said, he's approaching 30, when most people's metabolism starts slowing down. So we shall see what happens then.
1 week

Similar boat here. I was always one of the smaller kids, not the scrawniest or smallest, but definitely thinner. Even by the time I was an adult, I still really didn't break 130lbs at 5'9", and with a chunk of that weight being in slightly muscular thighs, I really looked thin. My coworkers at my current job started calling me Skinny at some point, and I was definitely the thinnest one there, the next smallest guy is 5'8" at 150lbs.

Anyway, for years and years I had this fantasy of what it would be like being one of the fat girls I admired so much. I didn't really feel that fat guys looked very good or attractive, so I felt it wasn't ever going to be for me. A couple years ago I managed to injure myself and get a minor hernia, which of course with no treatment and lots of heavy lifting became a serious hernia that was preventing me from eating or exercising appropriately. I lost about 10lbs by the time I had surgery, and I really didn't like being even thinner, so I decided I would gain back some extra weight, get to 150 or something.

Well, after getting to about 150, something clicked somewhere deep in the reccesses of my brain. I suddenly started realizing that I thought a lot of bigger guys actually looked really good, the muscular fat guys who had soft bellies and big muscular chest and arms with a nice layer of padding had me really envious.

I'm sure I'm never going to look like some of those guys who are nearly 300lbs with a really big muscular build because I'm just not built that way and wasn't big and bulky since childhood, but I sure as hell have enough of a build to get close to it, and damn do I enjoy the weight I've put on so far. I'm at 170 now and aiming for 200-220.

Amazing thing is that a lot of the joint pain I had has been significantly decreased since gaining. Because I was sure to include a lot of protein and minimize sugar and junk, and I do a lot of physical work, half the weight gain just seems to be muscle. I feel so much better than before, I think I really just didn't eat as much as I needed to, despite how much I like to eat. Now I make it a point to eat over 2000 calories a day, I don't get the low blood sugar crashes anymore, I get less headaches, my energy lasts much longer through the day.

Of course I've been trying to do this in a healthy way as a very active person who will remain a very active person. I could have gotten a sit on my ass all day job and shoved junk food in my face all day while chugging sodas, and blown past 200 already I'm sure, but I'd probably feel like shit. I love the softness I've acquired, I can jiggle my tummy a little and it's blissful, but I personally like it best with all the muscle underneath.

It's interesting to hear about people's thin to fat experiences and what inspired their decision to gain and how they approach it. Best of luck to you and definitely keep us updated.
1 week

I was pretty skinny growing up really skinny.
No butt no curves I hated it.

In my mid twenties I gained a little still skinny.
When I decided to gain it took me 2 to 3 years to gain weight and have it stick.
It took me 6 years to go from 115 to 275.
1 week

Wow amazing
1 week

Ditzy:
I was pretty skinny growing up really skinny.
No butt no curves I hated it.

In my mid twenties I gained a little still skinny.
When I decided to gain it took me 2 to 3 years to gain weight and have it stick.
It took me 6 years to go from 115 to 275.

To imagining one self doing this has become intoxicating hot.
1 week

Hydrogen:
One thing I feel that isn't touched on a lot is what is experienced from gaining weight when you've been skinny your whole life.

I know I could never compare to a lot of the people on this site when it comes to experiencing weight gain and the fat that comes along with it. My whole life I have been the thinnest person in the room, getting comments saying I need to eat more or I'm gonna blow away in the wind. As a result, I've found the concept of gaining even a small amount of weight or fat incredibly exciting. This is something that I've been experiencing lately which, again, I know a lot of people already experience on a daily basis, but the concept of having even a little fat is extraordinary.

As of lately I've taken the time to try to eat as many calories as I can over the past few weeks, of which has allowed me to put on enough weight to get just the smallest of a fat layer on my body. Let me just say, it is probably one of the greatest experiences ever. I never thought about just how squishy or plump fat can be. Most of the weight I added on has gone to my belly which isn't all that much, but it's sorta softened it up a bit. It's honestly, really exciting! I love just feeling it or mushing it about, and it really makes me envy all your gigantic gainers out there. I definitely want to try to gain more weight, but even this little taste of what fat feels like is so encouraging. Being skinny also tends to make the weight gain more apparent as my body softens up little by little.

I know we aim to truly appreciate the biggest of us, but it's always nice to take the time to admire the small bits of weight gain for the skinniest.

Just wanted to talk a bit about my experience, and if I gain any more I'll probably make more posts like this about my experience.

Im in the same place!!
1 week

Hi,

My brother is like you can never gain. And me I look at food and gain. It just shows the genetic variation in people.
1 week

I was scrawny until my mid-30s or thereabouts but gained steadily until getting up to 210 last year. Had a heart scare, so I’ve cut back on a coupla things…but even a little lighter still I feel more confident than when I was still at 150 at 30 years old.
5 days