General

Favorite guitar solo

Hey I like this Tread! I really like the songs you listed. As a guitarist who focuses on great leads/solos of any music genre, I thought I would go in a different direction from those you have already listed. These aren't exactly fast but the are awesome!

In no particular order:
Soul Shine - The Allman Brother's Band
Can't You Hear Me Knockin' - The Rolling Stones
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - Jimmy Hendrix
Black Magic Woman - Santana
Who's That Lady - The Isley Brothers
Stay All Night - Buddy Guy
The Thrill Is Gone - B.B. King
Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
Since I've Been Loving You - Led Zeppelin
Tea For One - Led Zeppelin
November Rain - Guns N' Roses

These songs are more soulfull than fast but with truly incredible guitars.
15 years

Favorite guitar solo

Beyond The Realms Of Death by Judas Priest, and Night Of The Unborn by Mercyful Fate. Listen to them on Youtube, they will blow your mind!!
15 years

Favorite guitar solo

Some great choices in the posts above. I won't draw up a list because it would get waaaaaaay too long. However, you've got to listen to Maggot Brain by Funkadelic ... it's absolutely stunning. Devote ten minutes of your life to indulging in the pure guitar genius of Edward Earl "Eddie" Hazel.

So, close the door, close the curtains, turn down the lights, turn up your amp and fire up the link below. This tune gets to me every time ... enjoy! smiley

15 years

Favorite guitar solo

Runaway - The Corrs

What? It's a guitar solo...

>.>

Just cause it's a soppy love song and not in the same class as all your "rock/metal classics"

oh and disregard the crappy video, just listen out for the solo at 2:56

smiley

Max Out

smiley
14 years

Favorite guitar solo

Oye Como Va - Carlos Santana

BAND OF GYPSYS-album
1. Who Knows
2. Machine Gun
5. Message To Love
6. We Gotta Live Together

---Jimi Hendrix
14 years

Favorite guitar solo

Somebody needs to make a vid with this tune!!! smiley

P. Green - Black Magic Woman

&feature=related
14 years

Favorite guitar solo

jaubrey wrote
Errmm - just about anything by Django Reinhardt, Jeff Beck, John McLaughlin, Roy Buchanan, and the session musicians that played with Steely Dan - just for starters!!

Hooray, another Steely Dan fan!
I'm pretty sure Walter Becker played most of their guitar solos. The Fez and Kid Charlemagne are two that particularly come to mind.

Also, Frank Zappa is always something different. Check out his solos in Fifty-Fifty and Blessed Relief.

And I'm going to second Django Reinhardt.
14 years

Favorite guitar solo

My favorite is a tie between "Bat Country"-Avenged Sevenfold (RIP The Rev!) and "Mr Crowley"-Ozzy.
14 years

Favorite guitar solo

I love guitar solos. I can appreciate just about any song so long as it features an electric guitar. As far as my favorite goes, I don't mean to be cliche, but DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames has to be it. Pretty much anytime I hear that song, I involuntarily air guitar. Nightwish - Over the Hills and Far Away is another favorite of mine.
13 years

Favorite guitar solo

1. Iron Maiden - Phantom Of The Opera. A metal classic that keeps changing.
2. White Stripes - Ball and Biscuit. Jack White is just on another level for guitar originality and technique
3. The Damned - Under The Floor Again. Probably the most beautiful piece of music ever heard. The ending guitar solo by Captain Sensible, (perhaps the most under-rated guitarist ever) is sublime, it brings tears to the eyes.
13 years