General

Sci fi fans unite

I love Sci-Fi, although it's not a show there's a twenty-four part comic series of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" going right now which is verbatim to the novel. It's my favourite sci-fi and possibly overall novel of all time. For those unfamiliar with it, it's the book which the film "Blade Runner" was based on, except it's quite different and frankly way better.
14 years

Sci fi fans unite

Hehe :-))),

what a perfect topic for me ;-)))

Since i loved SciFi from my earliest years on , hmmm...if i remember correctly i my first movies were Good old "Captain Future" and "The Black Hole" and the i think i nearly read every SciFi book and saw every movie there is (ok let´s say at least every good one ;-) )

But i dicovered i found the new Dr. Who series kind of genius and the most of it´s spin offs .

BTW did everybody of you saw the Torchwood Speziel "Children of Earth" ?

:-)

It was very thrilling and one question came to me knowing about all those ppl abusing everything possible on earth ...

What would happen if we really come to such an situation ????

Would we say now or try everything to get our own ass out off the way and surrender the kids hmmm...

And i was really sad , really really sad that my answer would have been i only can hope we would have said NOOOOO!!!!

But knowing about all those managers, businessbosses and politicans acting with no moral or concerns about the general ppl in our world , that i really doubt about our strength in a serious situation ......

I wonder how everybody is thinking about this topic ...???

Please give me some answers .....:-)

and have a nice day

P.S.: Doctor Who is one if not the most intelligent series ever made smileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmiley
14 years

Sci fi fans unite

sethman wrote
Blade Runner, anyone?

Totally left out video games.

Bioshock is the best first-person shooter I've ever played. Amazing story.

If you like Blade Runner, check out my above post smiley

But speaking Blade Runner and Video Games, ever played Snatcher? It's a cyberpunk adventure game that lifts alot from Blade Runner.
14 years

Sci fi fans unite

GregThaSexyFeeder wrote
I've never really been a big fan of Sci-Fi but being in a Sci-Fi tv series changes alot of things look for the featured tv series called "Unearthed" im featured in it.

Greg Lang?
14 years

Sci fi fans unite

I'm all about Sci-Fi.
I love Star Wars (I liked all of the movies except Phantom Menace) and I'm reading through the EU novels, which are EPIC

Other movies I like are: Alien, Aliens, AVP, Predator, Terminator I and II, the Star Trek movie, the Blob, and some of the comic book movies *not sure if those really count lol*

TV: Heros, certain Syfy shows, and a couple of others I can't think of right now

Games: Fallout 3 FTW!! Bioshock, and F.E.A.R.
14 years

Sci fi fans unite

Is anyone else watching *Warehouse 13*? I'm catching up online and really really enjoying it.

Am a longtime sf fan, including tv, movies, and books, but not a gamer. [Messed up hands, but I can see I would easily get lost in games.] I'm loving the whole genre of books with vamps and werewolves and female main characters who get to have lots of steamy sex with supes. Think Laurell Hamilton, Charlaine Harris (author of the books that the tv series *True Blood* is based on), Kelly Armstrong, and Patricia Briggs.
14 years

Sci fi fans unite

Three words:

Philip. K. Dick.
13 years

Sci fi fans unite

I love superheroes. The Dark. Knight Trilogy, The Avengers. Love both DC and Marvel comics,Star Trek and Star Wars flicks. Dr. Who is growing on me,too.
11 years

Sci fi fans unite

I've been a Doctor Who fan ever since the first time I saw a Dalek (on the cover of the VHS of the Peter Cushing films when I was about 5-6). From that, to the classic series, the new series, to the Big Finish audio plays (listen to them)...I'm a massive fan (me and a mate from uni thought we were biggest Doctor Who nerds going till we met someone even more obsessed. That was...almost frightening, if anything). Also enjoyed Torchwood, especially Children of Earth.

I enjoy a bit of Star Trek, although I think it counts as a guilty pleasure when I say that Voyager was probably my favourite one...yes it was cheesey and silly (not necessarily bad things), but they met the Borg more often.

Watched Tarkovsky's version of Solaris one day whilst staying in bed one day feeling ill...it was marvelous, interestingly directed (glaciers move faster, but you have the time to soak up all the ideas), full of interesting ideas (I need to read the original book at some point). At some point I'd like to watch Stalker as well.

When it comes to books, I'm a fan of Ben Bova's 'grand tour' books, particularly Mars. He has this way of making so many of his ideas reasonable that when he springs the idea of the solar system teaming with life on you you just roll with it. I'm always disappointed when I finish one of his books, not because the story wasn't tied up (it was) but because I wanted to know what happened next to the *characters*.

And yeah, enjoyed the Deus Ex games, Bioshock was pretty good and I'm a fan of the Tiberium series within the Command & Conquer franchise (Kane Lives!)
11 years

Sci fi fans unite

Vitesse wrote:
diggers1917 wrote:
I've been a Doctor Who fan ever since the first time I saw a Dalek (on the cover of the VHS of the Peter Cushing films when I was about 5-6). From that, to the classic series, the new series, to the Big Finish audio plays (listen to them)...I'm a massive fan (me and a mate from uni thought we were biggest Doctor Who nerds going till we met someone even more obsessed. That was...almost frightening, if anything). Also enjoyed Torchwood, especially Children of Earth.

I've been involved with a few Doctor Who related projects, and the dedication of some of the fans is almost frightening. Their attention to detail is such that they should be working for MI5! Whatever makes you happy though of course.

They'd make pretty persistent (if misdirected) interrogators...'yes, but does Romana's regeneration count as just one or several, terrorist!?! Give the right answer or I use the claw again'

So were yours like fan-films, then? That sounds fun. I'd like to do something like that some time...or just find a way of stealing Nick Briggs' job and have done with it.
11 years
12   loading