When you became fat, did people treat you differently?

I started gaining weight in high school, and my family was pretty rude about it. My grandparents came to see me graduate, but made fun of my weight. I responded by not going to any family functions for the next seven years.

My mom, who has always struggled with her weight, was furious with her folks and when I did eventually assent to coming to a Thanksgiving, she told them to keep their traps shut or they wouldn't see either of us for another seven years. They kept quiet and the rest of the family has been quiet since. It helps that some of the family have gained as they aged, though I'm 95% sure I'm the heaviest and I'm still extremely conscious of what little I eat whenever I'm around the extended family.

As for friends, I haven't heard a peep about my weight since...well, ever. I guess it helps that a lot of my friends growing up were and still are fat. But even if they weren't, I doubt they'd say anything, even in a concern trolling context.

The only time any stranger has commented on my size was when my wife and I were in Tokyo a few years ago. I was out getting breakfast for us about the time kids were walking to school. A kid passed me, looked up at me and said, "Oohki gaijin desu!" ("That's a big foreigner!" To be fair, I'm 6' & 290 pounds, and I stood out a mile in Tokyo.) My Japanese is basic but I still understood, and gave them a smiling 'I know what you said, kid,' look. 'Oh crap, they know' flashed across the kid's face and they hurried off.
3 years

Any bbws here with a cups ?

Don't sweat it! I know several fat women ranging from the low 200s to mid 300s who don't have large breasts. Lots of people even find fat folx with small breasts preferable.

For every body, there's someone who adores it (though finding that person may take some time).
3 years

How fast can i gain off of half n half?

Maybe not quite as fast, but you may see similar results. I started off with half and half, and gained in areas I hadn't previously. Moving on to heavy cream, I continued to see gains in those areas.
3 years

Fattest of your friends/family

95% sure I'm the fattest in my family and equally sure I'm the fattest in my group of friends though not by a huge margin in either, maybe 50 pounds at most.
3 years

Isolation and weight gain

I teach and all my classes have gone online, which means no racing between classrooms and between campuses. I fully expect to gain at least a little, and not just because I've been using heavy cream in my coffee. But also that.
4 years

First time with heavy cream

I have also had really positive results with Lactaid! I got the generic chewable stuff at the grocery store, and it works a treat. When I tried heavy cream before, even just a little made me horribly ill. Now I pop a lactaid, mix the heavy cream with coffee or chocolate milk (or both), and I'm good to go.

I even tried drinking a little straight from the carton and had no problems.

I started with two lactaid and after a few days dropped down to one, and was fine. I've also been adding less and less in the way of mixers, and have still been okay. Thank heaven for lactaid!
4 years

Another thread about heavy cream

I've been adding whipping cream (even small amounts of heavy whipping cream make me horribly ill,) to my coffee. It tastes pretty good by itself, and a little splash of flavored creamer makes it even better.

I've also been adding it to hot chocolate with similarly tasty results.
5 years

How to tell if friends notice you gained....

Old friends have never said anything, even when I was at my heaviest. It may be because several of them are fat, and most of those who weren't fat in high school or college have gotten at least a little plump since then ^.^

Some family hassled me about my weight when I began getting a bit fat late in high school, but they shut their traps after I stopped showing up to family functions for seven years. I'm down a bit from my heaviest, but I'm still sitting at around 250ish, and if they're thinking anything, they're keeping it quiet. It could help that several of my cousins, just like my friends, have gotten a bit fat over the years!
5 years

Heavy cream and stomach pains

I've been intrigued by the possibilities of heavy cream, but when I try to drink it even in small amounts, it gives me a horrible stomach ache. I'm perfectly fine with half and half and all other dairy products - it's only heavy cream that gets me, and I know I'm not lactose intolerant.

Does anyone have any methods for dealing with heavy cream cramps? Failing that, has anyone had heavy cream-like gains with half and half? I imagine it would do about the same thing, just take a bit longer since it has less fat, but maybe there's something about pure cream?
5 years

Bmi. what's yours?

Currently 40. My goal is to gain around 15 pounds to put me at 42. That way, I can say my BMI is the answer to life, the universe, and everything ^.^
7 years
12345   loading