Currently reading...

lumpy:
currently readin 'a brave new world' by aldous huxley. anyone read? i imagine some have!

gassygirl:
I read it in high school! I remember it well.

I read it as a teenager, and thought it was great!

Someone recently gave me The Nose by Nikolai Gogol as a little (very little, but very nice) present, so I'm making a start on that.
9 years

So what games are you playing?

Having finished Ether One I'm moving on to This War of Mine...so from pretty and bittersweet to decidedly less pretty and bitter-okthisisbleak.
9 years

Theatre kids?

I did Music & Drama at uni, and was an active member of the uni drama society and its committee. Since leaving uni I've become a member of a local little theatre (amateur, but very good) for which I both act and compose music. We've just this weekend finished a very successful and immensely enjoyable run, and as such I am now at a loss as that theatre represents almost the entirety of my social life (!) and I know that work commitments mean that I'm not going to be able to get involved on stage again until at least the autumn (though maybe I'll be music-ing for them in the meantime)

So yeah, I theatre a fair bit smiley
9 years

But oh god that inventory system is awful.

That's true...bloody hell...
9 years

I only got round to playing the first one on steam earlier this year and...yeah, based on that I'd say it's worth it. I've read that the gameplay is improved in subsequent games (not that I had any particular problems with it), but that first one is very good at introducing you to a well constructed and pretty huge world. Wasn't 100% on board when I started, by the time I finished it was a challenge to not immediately install the 2nd one! The first one's fairly cheap too, about £8, so you lose little in giving it a go.
9 years

Currently reading...

roundandpearlover wrote:
viking7 wrote:
The carpet people by terry pratchet
that made me just a little sad....May he rest in peace

Indeed. I've just started Maskerade by Pratchett. I just needed to read something of his after today's news.
9 years

Any gamers out there?

PC gamer here (only ever completed one console game, oni, and that was on someone else's PS2, give me a keyboard & mouse any day!). I've got tons of stuff on steam, a mixture of old (largely stuff that passed me by or I couldn't afford when I was younger) and new (including quite a lot of indie stuff). If it looks interesting, I'll generally have a go at it.

I sometimes wonder how I'm going to get round to playing all of my library without somehow also inventing a device for slowing down time...
9 years

Currently reading...

I've started reading We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. Which was, in keeping with a few of the more recent posts, a strong influence on Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four (also excellent).
9 years

Currently listening to

Vivaldi Recomposed by Max Richter.

The Four Seasons are probably the most overexposed concerti ever, so it's nice to listen to a project that makes it feel like you're hearing them for the very first time again, whilst still being recognisably them.
9 years
12345   loading