Writing tips - a thread

All of these links are really good advice for any writer.

The hardest part is just staying committed to one idea at a time. Writers have this really annoying thing where you'll be into a WIP(Work in Progress) and all of the sudden you'll get a great new idea.

So many writers stop writing their current WIP to start on a new one, and then it happens again, and nothing ever gets done.

When you get ideas like this that invade your mind, write them down on a piece of paper or a document to later find.

Commitment to your work is the most important thing. Finish the work. Sounds simple but it's not.

Also, use a spellcheck.

Let's see. Have a good environment to work. A messy place is a distracting place. "I need to do the dishes, I need to clean the floor. I need to do so much more,"

Perform daily maintenance around your place so you can focus on the real work. Time management is important, but if you make a routine for yourself, you'll be fine.

When writing out numbers. Spell the word. Don't say 10, 12, 140. Whatever. Spell it out. It just looks better nine times out of ten. More professional at least, to me it does. A good habit to get into.

Use a spell check. There is one on your computer. It's free. Like a turn signal. Use it.

Put spaces between your words. I've read some trash stories on FF that do this HiIlike cheese andyoushouldtoo. I am not sure how this passed the quality inspection, but I am sure there isn't one here. Do better.

Learn about things like Quotation marks. Where the best place to put a comma is. I know we have a grammar check on our computers but never rely on it. Machines are not perfect.

Tone. When writing a story, try to keep the tone consistent throughout. The best way to do is to read. That's mentioned in the links up there but you must read all that you can to understand this concept. Read your own work outloud.

and your endings. Things should pay off, it doesn't always have to be a happy ending but it should at least feel right to the rest of the story.

Avoid Deus ex Machina. God in the machine. The hero is cornered by a horde of angry spiders and you can't think of a way out for them? Sudden thunderstorm to wash away all the spiders out of nowhere isn't the answer.

Foreshadowing. If you have a gun in the first act, you better use it by the third. Don't hint at something for the whole story and then abandon it. You can, but people might not like you very much.

Logic. Fiction sometimes has to make more sense than reality. You'll hear people argue about superheroes all day. Something terrible happens in real life, eh, bad things happen, no point in thinking too much about it.

Most people will put more effort into making sense of fictional things, so keep that in mind.

Pacing. Especially for fetish stories. A lot of them just jump into the action way too fast. We met last night and now I got her tied up in the basement and its great? What, no. Let your readers want a little more, make them want to turn the page. Nothing wrong with a slow burn now and then.

Character development is important. Make people want to know more about your characters, make them as memorable as possible, give them challenges, struggles. personality. Make them relatable as possible but avoid trying to make them a version of yourself.

Creativity. Any book on the planet can be looked at and said "Hey, that's just like this other thing" As a reader we are willing to read the same plot a million times over, as a writer we are sweating bullets trying to make it original as possible.

Take it easy. If you're willing to read ten thousand stories about dragons and all those dragons breathe fire, yours can too. It's okay. Trying to be too original can break you if you're not careful. Imposter syndrome is a real thing to experience, and it will eat you alive if you let it.

Try everything. Write as many things as you like. There is no rule that says you can only write one kind of thing. You like erotica, great! Try romance, try action, mix and match. Go crazy. There is no limit. Don't be afraid to try something new.

Avoid burnout. Write for a couple hours each day, four at the most. Then quit. Do something else. Burnout is the worst thing and moderation is the key to avoiding it.

Writer's block is a thing. To get rid of it. I just write complete nonsense in an empty page. One time I wrote about a Ninja frog and his Villain was Boilmaster. It was dumb, but it worked. If I can write that, I can write anything. Don't take it too seriously. Seriousness puts the block up faster than anything else.

Join NanoWrimo. Challenge yourself. You don't have to win but push yourself a little bit and see what happens. You never know, but don't feel bad if you don't win. Never feel bad about that. It's a contest in November that challenges writers to do Fifty thousand words in a month, also, its free.

Be a Ghostwriter, write someone else's idea
11 months

Should chat full screen mode take up the whole screen? have your say!

Leave the browser tabs. Taking up the full screen is very inconvenient.
1 year

Fakes

These days asking for money is safer than going to someone and meeting them in person anymore.

People are nuts. I get why they just ask for money these days.

Also, sincerity? If you've even seen have the private messages I have, you'd quickly realize that women are not the problem.

The guys on this site are insane and only getting worse as the years go on.

Before you start calling people fake, try to put yourself in their shoes first. You've got no idea the ocean of complete insanity the average woman has to go through on a place like this every single day.

Are there scammers, yeah sure, there always will be.

There are lots of legit women on this site, too.
1 year

Fancy helping out on the site? new moderators needed!

Sure, why not.

Especially if it's a story mod. We got people posting things who don't know how to use the space bar and uh, yeah. I think we can do a whole lot better in that department.
1 year

Anyone else disturbed by the incestuous feederism stories?

If I was the story mod, I'd ban it without question.

If you really feel the need to write stories with this in it. Set up your own blog and just put the link in your profile so people who uh...want to read it...can, I guess.

There are just some things that shouldn't be here. This is one of them.
1 year

Deleted messages / banned users should not count as a message view???

It'd be cool if there were no limit view restrictions.

This is the only site I think I've ever seen that limit how many messages you can look at in a day in the modern age besides dating sites. Even most of them have free messaging at the most basic level. If not all of them these days.

I am 100% sure women get hundreds of messages a month, that's a conservative guess. How many potential connections are never made because you have to pick and choose the messages you read and only get five and you pick the ones that just say "Hi, how are you?"

Something with little to no substance, and you get 55 of them every hour.

The whole situation is tiresome.

It is my suggestion to remove the message view limit entirely for the good of the whole site and everyone on it.

That way more meaningful connections might be able to be made and not every click feels like gambling and a waste of time.

It really is a good idea. Limits on a feederism website seems like a huge contradiction in ideals anyway.

You only get five views? Ha..that's like getting five potato chips, then putting the bag back and staring at it until the next day when you get have ONE more.

Just get rid of the limits. Easy fix.
2 years

Do you like to be fat in public ?

No, of course not. Every time I go in public, I morph into my super model body builder form.

I am only fat at home.

Obviously.
2 years

Eating fast food everynight

NYCBellyBlimp:
Depending on how often you had fast food frequently, you may tire of it or a rotation. Difference in eating because you deeply enjoy or crave vs eating to just eat to where it feels like work.
It is expensive, though if it provides comfort or takes your mind back to a simpler/better time it can feel good.
Health-wise obviously not the best as opposed to non-processed cooked food.

Woah, woah...woah.. you're telling people to enjoy this and not make it feel like work.

That's wrong think these days lol.

Seriously though, you're right.
2 years

Gaining dreams or eating dreams during sleep.

LemonSugar514:
Yes! All the time! I have had similar dreams of eating food in a restaurant and sneaking “free” samples from grocery stores. I lucid dream and am able to create and change some dreams. Sometimes I will focus on dreaming about being someone’s pet pig 🐷 being fattened as an experiment, and many other scenarios!

Experiment you say. Hmm.. sounds interesting.
2 years
12345   loading