Online feedee scammers?

Slip130:
I was foolish and didn't get actual time stamped verification or ID from them before I sent this person 80 dollars through cashapp so I fell for it hook line and sinker. It makes it worse since I'm in school living on my own and money can be tight at times.

Don't send money to people you have never met in person.

Don't pay for dates beyond your own personal consumption.

Don't offer to buy gas or bus fare.

Don't offer any form of financial help for whatever crisis that person claims to have.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but if I haven't.. don't send money to people you have never met in person.
5 months

Christmas gains before and after!

Ferro1987:
I don’t have a way to weigh myself but yesterday my gut measured 49.5 inches on empty.

Amazon 3rd party sellers, or even Amazon themselves sell inexpensive digital bathroom scales.

When my old one of 16 years finally gave up, the replacement was something like $16-17 after tax. Takes two AAA batteries, too.
5 months

The struggle of slim feedees

Dolan:
So I’ve recently gotten back into this and I want to gain a lot of weight. The problem is that I want to be encouraged by a feeder girl but it seems like no one wants to help you when you’re first starting out. I love the fit to fat aspect of this but I feel like I’m going to have to prove myself alone and gain weight before anyone takes me seriously. Wish there were more feeders open to male feedees/gainers just starting out.

I'm afraid it is a struggle, but there's not really any way around it. There's several reasons for this. In short, it's probably because you haven't yet experienced and worked through certain issues, problems, and phases.

1) Scammers are a thing, and may try to capitalize on the fit to fat fantasy. I'm NOT saying that's you, but this may be a factor.

I remember when Shar was new - no one believed she was real until she actually gained a substantial amount of weight.

2) Someone may not be a scammer and have the fantasy, but lacks the courage to actually go through with it.

3) Or that someone gets part of the way, only to be unable to take the heat.

Maybe someone else around made comments and it hit them too hard. This could theoretically happen with as few as 20 lbs.

4) Maybe they get through part of the way, but the reality is different and find themselves unable to deal with it. Kind of related to point #3. Underestimating possible financial cost happens often.

Maintaining usually isn't that hard, but to actively gain, this could take a lot of food, which might not always be the cheapest thing.

Those who start at much lower weights, particularly under XL size, will go through a LOT more clothing sizes. 120 to 170 lbs covers a lot more different clothing sizes than say, 200-250, if only because you need so much more weight for each additional inch of size/measurement.

New clothes aren't necessarily the cheapest thing, though this can also depend on personal fashion preference. While less likely than before, some jobs still require suits, and the jobs that do, you probably don't want the cheapest suit available.

Some clothing brands also don't go above 2XL or so.

Other possible additional costs don't stop there, but clothes replacement cost is usually the first thing folks notice. For example, I had to pay around $90 to resize one of my rings. You will have to be careful to avoid furniture that looks like it might be too flimsy.

5) Even if none of the aforementioned so far were problems, another thing those who are thinner actually struggle with sometimes? Being able to actually eat enough.

But yeah, there's all sorts of reasons why someone might call it quits or not stick with it. And I think maybe in general, most don't want to help you work through these issues. Sounds crappy, but pretty sure that's what is going on here.

6) While crappy, there are some folks out there who think that if you don't have an at least overweight BMI. That you're fake or not serious. I haven't seen that toxic attitude on FF very much so far, but it's something I have observed elsewhere.

7) Not strictly related, but the gender imbalance is very lopsided, so being male, your odds of finding someone are very bad and don't favor you, at least on FF or any other online feederism space. Also, membership density is simply too low, as in others who are at least somewhat nearby (within 2 hours).

I've been on here for almost 17 years, but a long time ago I accepted, even assumed and have taken for granted that because of this unbalance, I will never find anyone for a relationship on here. I have no expectations, and thus can't be disappointed.

It's far, far, far easier to just find a fat woman who likes eating, maybe also likes cooking, but probably isn't into this sort of thing and maybe isn't even aware this even exists. Especially someone who might actually be nearby, and you might actually be able to meet in person.

Anyway, I hope I was able to provide some insight into why perhaps it might seem no one takes them seriously, sometimes.
5 months

Random new views from fairy new account

BigFox:
Anyone els getting a random influx of new profile views from new accounts?

Not me.

But, if I were you I wouldn't read into it too much. Maybe users with a face or body picture as the avatar image get more views.

Individuals who regularly post new pictures, post stories or update stories, or diary (gainer) entries probably all get more views too.

I also can't help but notice that in your avatar, in the image I do see a tobacco pipe. It's uncommon enough these days, that some folks might click based on just that alone.

But, these are theories. I actually have no idea at all.

Someone mentioned scams, but there's very, very easy fixes for this -

Don't give money to anyone you haven't met in person.

Exercise extreme caution and due diligence if calling into 3rd world/undeveloped/early developing countries - some phone companies there may charge premium rates (similar to 900 numbers) without notifying you. Read up on the 809 area code scam for an example of this.

Online shopping is different because with credit cards and PayPal, you can request a chargeback to refund the purchase when a merchant fails to deliver, and excessive chargebacks relative to overall sales volume will cause the merchant to lose the ability to accept payments. A merchant can avoid this by actually mailing what you ordered, or by doing what's promised. The likes of CashApp, crypto, etc. has no such protections.

5 months

Any feedee/gainer from belgium & the netherlands?

This reads like a Personal's Ad. This is more than okay, but this is the wrong board for it.

I'm going to move this to the most appropriate Personal's board.
6 months

Bellies. smooth vs. hairy.

My vote is smooth all over, but I've personally never liked hair besides eyelashes, eyebrows, and on the scalp.
6 months

20 years of ff

Damn.. guess it really had been 20 years! Lot of things happened in that time, too.

I wasn't here from day 1, joining a few years later. But man, it was different. I remember when FF used to have a hot pink theme rather than light red/burgundy.

I can say this though.. there has not been any other online community where I've been such a long term member. Nor did I expect I would keep coming back again and again, back when I signed up on Christmas Day, 2006! My user ID is only 4 digits, I've been around for so long.

Anyway, happy 20 years of FF! And may there be another 20 years!

Had I known, I might have gotten some cake.
6 months

To all big guys: what online dating apps do you use?

Cactusrager:
None. IG, SC, n X

PapaBearsPower:
IG, SC, nX

What does it mean ?

I think that stands for Instagram, SnapChat, and Twitter, respectively. Elon Musk officially renamed Twitter to X for whatever silly reason.

None of them really make any sense to me, but I guess are more popular with much younger individuals, like early 20s.

Anyway, to answer the OP's question, even though I'm not that big yet...

If I was to consider such a thing, there's no point in considering anything besides the mainstream platforms. The entire concept is extremely sensitive to "network effect" as I've mentioned in relation to dating web sites in general. In short, the service is far more useful to existing users, the more users in general there are.

After all, what good is some random niche dating web site if there's only 5-6 people in your area, and none of them are even close to your type? Or haven't logged in to the web site in months, or even years?

No, regardless of taste, preference, or type, the mainstream platforms are the only ones to consider using, just for sheer maximum numbers.

In America, that would probably be Match Group (Match, POF, e-Harmony if Christian, Tinder, and maybe some others) and Badoo. OKCupid and Zoosk have lost ground but might still have some users.

In other countries, I don't know. You can probably guess by looking at the Google Play Store or the Apple Store to look a total download count.

Ignore the ads, and anything a so-called "influencer" might say, because they're being paid to say it's good even if it's bad.

Above all, don't lower your standards, but keep your expectations out of web sites like that very low. I have found a lot of people are overly cautious and even afraid - some of it justified to be fair, but not entirely. Most folks out there are decent. In a world where news travels at light speed, the few who are bad, suddenly everyone hears about them. Just make the first meeting in a public place that's quiet enough that you can talk, and you'll be fine.
6 months

How does the community cultivate more respect for real dating?

Instant gratification? I kind of know what you mean. But at the same time, do you want to waste time only to find out something where you know it will never work?

I do have a list of must-haves, and I think most others do too, but I try to keep my list short and reasonable.

For example, if she's not open to having kids, I need to know that as soon as possible. Because if not, a long-term exclusive relationship isn't possible.
6 months

Videos

Length obviously affects file size, but resolution is the really big one, with an almost exponential effect.

All else equal, a 4K video (3,840 x 2,160) will use 4 times the space as 1080p (1,920 x 1,080).

1080p uses 2.25 as much space as 720p (1,280 x 720).

720p uses 2.25 times as much space as 480p (854 x 480).

Also, 60 frames per second, as smooth and nice as that is, will use twice the space as 30 FPS, but 30 is still pretty smooth. Old TVs were only 24 FPS.

My suggestion would be to downscale the video to 480p, 30 FPS. There's probably free tools that can do that.
6 months
34567   loading