Feedback and suggestions

What whould you want fantasy feeder to have?

CuriousAmy13:
Being able to search users by height.

This is already possible. This search criteria is next to weight.

BlubberButt:
BMI would be a useful search tool as well 🐷

This seems like it should be relatively easy; it's basic math as a function of height and weight.

2seatsalways:
This site has so much potential but I don't want to ramble here.

I'll just list a few things off

- Chat complete overhaul
- Chapter finder for stories
- Faster and easier system for verification
- A verify members only forum sub section: like a perk for users to want to verify

Overhaul to do what instead?

Chapter finder? A very easy work-around is to change the number at the end of the URL, though a little thing at the bottom where you type a number and click "Go" may be better. Unless you mean something else?

Verification - I don't know how it can be any faster or easier while keeping the human element which is essential.

Verified Members only section? That should be okay, since it's not ultimately exclusionary (except to scammers).

MottiF:
Also, option to chat with members and not just send them limited emails. As a social network it not very social.

ILuvChubbyChix:
This is a very common pain point and has been for years. I don't know if the current system is the best way, but it's to help prevent, or at least reduce the following problem:

Scammers/spammers sending messages to everyone.

It also has the side benefit of encouraging premium memberships, the only viable source of revenue for the web site, since there isn't much in the way of viable advertisers. There might be other ways to encourage premium memberships, though it's not yet clear how that may happen.

I'll just make a point on the chat. It's not 2009 anymore, it's 2023 and chat is severely outdated. It's clunky, buggy, and the features that are part of it are less to be desired. No one shouldn't be bounced randomly out of chat, OR to someone's private chat where you are seeing an entire conversation.
8 months

CuriousAmy13:
Being able to search users by height.

This is already possible. This search criteria is next to weight.

BlubberButt:
BMI would be a useful search tool as well 🐷

This seems like it should be relatively easy; it's basic math as a function of height and weight.

2seatsalways:
This site has so much potential but I don't want to ramble here.

I'll just list a few things off

- Chat complete overhaul
- Chapter finder for stories
- Faster and easier system for verification
- A verify members only forum sub section: like a perk for users to want to verify

Overhaul to do what instead?

Chapter finder? A very easy work-around is to change the number at the end of the URL, though a little thing at the bottom where you type a number and click "Go" may be better. Unless you mean something else?

Verification - I don't know how it can be any faster or easier while keeping the human element which is essential.

Verified Members only section? That should be okay, since it's not ultimately exclusionary (except to scammers).

MottiF:
Also, option to chat with members and not just send them limited emails. As a social network it not very social.

ILuvChubbyChix:
This is a very common pain point and has been for years. I don't know if the current system is the best way, but it's to help prevent, or at least reduce the following problem:

Scammers/spammers sending messages to everyone.

It also has the side benefit of encouraging premium memberships, the only viable source of revenue for the web site, since there isn't much in the way of viable advertisers. There might be other ways to encourage premium memberships, though it's not yet clear how that may happen.

2seatsalways:
I'll just make a point on the chat. It's not 2009 anymore, it's 2023 and chat is severely outdated. It's clunky, buggy, and the features that are part of it are less to be desired. No one shouldn't be bounced randomly out of chat, OR to someone's private chat where you are seeing an entire conversation.

You gotta agree that if FF could calculate the BMI for you, that would be easier.

As for the chapter finder, most story hosting sites have one. It's been a thing for decades. FF having one would just be bringing things to industry standards.

And on that not, I would like three other things for FF to include. It would also bring things up to industry standards.

I would like to have html and rich text support for the stories. Most story hosting sites have this. I would also like to have an exclude function. It's a game changer when looking for new stories. And lastly, I want the tags to be ungrouped.

What do I mean by ungrouping the tags? There are some tags that have more than one category. The logic is that they are similar, so we should group them. Or at least that's how it was explained to me.

The problem is that it limits the reader when they are looking for stories. Maybe they wanted to read a vore story that doesn't involve death. But since vore and death share a tag, they aren't sure what they are getting into. Or maybe they wanted a revenge story, but since revenge shares a tag with jealousy, they get a story that's about someone screwing over an innocent person.

Tag multi-select options would really bring it all home.
8 months

If I can whine about something else, or would be nice if quoting someone in the forum doesn’t also quote their quote and the other quote etc.. One layer of quoting is better.
8 months

As someone who’s been off and on FF a few times over the years I’ve seen improvements and agree with a lot that has already been added. I’ve got a few I’d love to see.

First off one of my biggest is yeah if you enter a new gainer saying you’ve gained or lost weight it should port that info over to your profile and update your weight.

Secondly I’d love to be able to add more that one kink roll and even add more. Make it somewhat specialized to a point with some extra feedism roles that are out there. For instance I’m more of a feedee than a mutual gainer but I also really enjoy some belly and weight on a partner so if I could choose feedee as well as fa that would make more sense.

Thirdly a calorie tracker similar to a gainer post would be pretty neat for everyone’s profile to show what you’re eating and how much. It’d be like the gainers some would use it while others wouldn’t care.

Lastly yeah an over hall of the chat room it is very outdated for this day with everything else out there.
That’s my two cents hope it’s not taken the wrong way or comes off rude.
8 months

Letters And Numbers:
I would just like to see the story interface and writing tools polished up. Make it easier to get to later chapters in longer stories (I think the easiest way would just be a drop down chapter select menu at the top, but a table of contents could work too), make it so when a new chapter from an author you follow shows up in your feed, clicking on it will take you to that chapter instead of the first chapter, stuff like that. And then on the tools side, FORMATTING. ALL THE FORMATTING. BBcode, image embed, links. All.

And:

Munchies:
As for the chapter finder, most story hosting sites have one. It's been a thing for decades. FF having one would just be bringing things to industry standards.

And on that not[e], I would like three other things for FF to include. It would also bring things up to industry standards.

I would like to have html and rich text support for the stories. Most story hosting sites have this. I would also like to have an exclude function. It's a game changer when looking for new stories. And lastly, I want the tags to be ungrouped.
[…]

Yes, agreed. I’ve been fervently asking for many of these things—especially formatting improvements—for at least 3 years.

Master post: Fatlovesex story online publishing on ff and other sites: a comparative study

Shorter version of same points

Re-iteration from about a year ago:
Formatting

FF could be a go-to place for stories in our feedist subsection of the online fatosphere. Instead, as Munchies and others point out (and i’ve done in past years), FF lags well behind industry standards.

Note: there are 3 links to other FF forum posts in this post. I run a hacked system which colors the links, which last i checked, FF default CSS does not do. Hovering with a cursor-based system should show the links if they’re not visible. Touch-based system users are unfortunately hosed. So another thing i’d like to see is the FF CSS changed such that all hyperlinks in forum posts are clearly visible to all users on all devices. This too i have requested in the past, seemingly to no avail (hence my running my own CSS overrides for FF on my primary device).
8 months

Letters And Numbers:
I would just like to see the story interface and writing tools polished up. Make it easier to get to later chapters in longer stories (I think the easiest way would just be a drop down chapter select menu at the top, but a table of contents could work too), make it so when a new chapter from an author you follow shows up in your feed, clicking on it will take you to that chapter instead of the first chapter, stuff like that. And then on the tools side, FORMATTING. ALL THE FORMATTING. BBcode, image embed, links. All.

And:

Munchies:

And on that not[e], I would like three other things for FF to include. It would also bring things up to industry standards.

[…]

Jiggle Junkie:
Yes, agreed. I’ve been fervently asking for many of these things—especially formatting improvements—for at least 3 years.

Master post: Fatlovesex story online publishing on ff and other sites: a comparative study

Shorter version of same points

Re-iteration from about a year ago:
Formatting

FF could be a go-to place for stories in our feedist subsection of the online fatosphere. Instead, as Munchies and others point out (and i’ve done in past years), FF lags well behind industry standards.

Note: there are 3 links to other FF forum posts in this post. I run a hacked system which colors the links, which last i checked, FF default CSS does not do. Hovering with a cursor-based system should show the links if they’re not visible. Touch-based system users are unfortunately hosed. So another thing i’d like to see is the FF CSS changed such that all hyperlinks in forum posts are clearly visible to all users on all devices. This too i have requested in the past, seemingly to no avail (hence my running my own CSS overrides for FF on my primary device).

So as an administrator, do you have any insight into any of these things? I’m not a tech person, but some of the changes seem to be pretty low stakes.
8 months
12   loading