General

I don't care if i get banned.

findhelp.org/
211.org/
988lifeline.org/

If you are in America, depressed, and feeling suicidal, these organizations are far more helpful than anything an internet stranger can provide for you.
5 months

Text 988 or call them. Seriously.

It's free and it's anonymous.

No matter what problems you’re dealing with, whether or not you’re thinking about suicide, if you need someone to lean on for emotional support, call the Lifeline.

People call to talk about lots of things: substance abuse, economic worries, relationships, sexual identity, getting over abuse, depression, mental and physical illness, and loneliness, to name a few.

Talking with someone about your thoughts and feelings can save your life.

What Happens When you call The Lifeline?
First, you’ll hear a message telling you that you’ve reached the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline.

They’ll play you a little hold music while they connect you.

A skilled, trained crisis worker who works at the Lifeline network crisis center closest to you will answer the phone.

This person will listen to you, understand how your problem is affecting you, provide support, and share any resources that may be helpful.
5 months

Well done for reaching out. It isn’t easy.

As you’ve had the courage to do so here, I hope that you can take that courage and use it to reach out for some one-to-one support from one of the resources mentioned above.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know how hard it can be to have hope when life is at a low ebb, but I promise you, cling on, and things will get better. And when they do, you will have renewed strength to pursue that which brings you fulfilment.

Sending love. Please stay safe.
5 months

Angelette:
Thanks everyone. I did talk to 988 weeks ago. I might again because work has gotten worse for me. I wish to quit my job right now. It makes me miserable.

Check out the links I posted earlier if you need help with that. You can also find job assistance programs
5 months

Angelette:
Thanks everyone. I did talk to 988 weeks ago. I might again because work has gotten worse for me. I wish to quit my job right now. It makes me miserable.

I didn’t see if you mentioned having a doctor but if you do they can very likely certify you for temporary state disability. I occasionally have to do it for my back (failed lumbar fusion). Depending on how long you’ve worked and paid into the fund by employer withholding you could be eligible for a couple of months. No promises but it’s something to consider. Contact your state’s unemployment office.
5 months

Angelette:

MarshmallowMinotaur:
I didn’t see if you mentioned having a doctor but if you do they can very likely certify you for temporary state disability. I occasionally have to do it for my back (failed lumbar fusion). Depending on how long you’ve worked and paid into the fund by employer withholding you could be eligible for a couple of months. No promises but it’s something to consider. Contact your state’s unemployment office.

Angelette:
Thank you but I am not physically disabled. I hope your back healed though. 🙂

It’s possible to get FMLA leave for mental health conditions, but you would need to be working with a doctor who could write the letter. It is possible though.
5 months

Angelette:

MarshmallowMinotaur:

Angelette:
Thank you but I am not physically disabled. I hope your back healed though. 🙂

Letters And Numbers:
It’s possible to get FMLA leave for mental health conditions, but you would need to be working with a doctor who could write the letter. It is possible though.

This is true:

dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/employeeguide.pdf
dol.gov/agencies/whd/fmla/faq#mental-health

That said, if you go on FMLA, it's unpaid. So talk with your supervisor, HR, and your doctor to discuss your best options.
5 months

Angelette:
This is a great idea. However, I don't want my dad knowing I am taking therapy. Since I can't drive yet and he's the one that drives my car. We work together.

I guess I could take the bus but then he would be wondering where I went. I never went alone before except for walking to a nearby McDonald's when we couldn't afford WiFi back then. He is a helicopter parent, after all.

Edit: I was replying Munchies but somehow my comment didn't get attached.

What's wrong with your dad knowing you are in therapy? And what do you mean you can't drive yet?
5 months

Angelette:
This is a great idea. However, I don't want my dad knowing I am taking therapy. Since I can't drive yet and he's the one that drives my car. We work together.

I guess I could take the bus but then he would be wondering where I went. I never went alone before except for walking to a nearby McDonald's when we couldn't afford WiFi back then. He is a helicopter parent, after all.

Munchies:
What's wrong with your dad knowing you are in therapy? And what do you mean you can't drive yet?

Angelette:
Years ago when my sister received therapy through her insurance. My dad somehow found out my sister was talking negative things about her. If we criticize him, then he thinks we think he's "the bad guy."

I never learned to drive at age 16. Currently I am studying my notes for a driver's test. It's been tough to find the time having a busy life.

Abuse survivor here. My mother didn't believe in therapy either. Something about how you should go to God with all your troubles instead of relying on man.

I suffered for it. I suffered until I realized she was abusing me and preventing me from getting better.

And then I decided enough was enough. I don't have to live like this if I don't want to.

You know what I told her? I told her that she can have a living daughter or a rotting corpse. And if she decided that she'd rather have a corpse than a living daughter, I'd get help just to spite her.

Scared her to her core, but it was the wake up call she needed. My mom abused me, but she loved me too. She was hurting due to past trauma and unconsciously ended up hurting me too. So she backed off. And our relationship has improved because of it.
5 months

Angelette:

Munchies:

Angelette:
Years ago when my sister received therapy through her insurance. My dad somehow found out my sister was talking negative things about her. If we criticize him, then he thinks we think he's "the bad guy."

I never learned to drive at age 16. Currently I am studying my notes for a driver's test. It's been tough to find the time having a busy life.

Munchies raises some excellent points about survival, but if you don’t feel strong enough to talk to your dad yet, most clinics (at least in the US) offer telehealth services.
5 months
12   loading