Story authors

Theme of the month! - march 24

Ok, new writing game for everyone. Between now and the end of the month, the challenge is for all of the great writers on this board to create original stories or poetry on a common theme. Sometimes it will be a shared story starter, sometimes the same first sentence, and I'm sure we'll come up with other ideas as we go.

The only rules are:

1) In addition to being about weight gain or body positivity, stay on the monthly theme, which should be easy because the topics will be very wide and open to interpretation.
2) Try to stick to something under 5,000 words, but if the muse overtakes you, that's great, too!
3) Post in the thread! Let us know if you're playing, have questions, want to chat, and when you have a story to share. Post a link!
4) Just like with all the stories on this site, zero characterizations of minors are allowed. Hate and bigotry have no place in this event.
5) Feedback by authors and readers is very welcome, but keep it constructive. All different skill levels of writers are encouraged to participate, so I ask everyone to be helpful and encouraging. If you've never given (or received) constructive criticism for creative writing before, here's a short essay that could be helpful: www.marykole.com/constructive-criticism

So with that out of the way, the THEME OF THIS MONTH IS:

➡️ "There was nothing left of the money except..." ⬅️

Ok, start writing!
1 month

Letters And Numbers:

Ok, new writing game for everyone. Between now and the end of the month, the challenge is for all of the great writers on this board to create original stories or poetry on a common theme. Sometimes it will be a shared story starter, sometimes the same first sentence, and I'm sure we'll come up with other ideas as we go.

The only rules are:

1) In addition to being about weight gain or body positivity, stay on the monthly theme, which should be easy because the topics will be very wide and open to interpretation.
2) Try to stick to something under 5,000 words, but if the muse overtakes you, that's great, too!
3) Post in the thread! Let us know if you're playing, have questions, want to chat, and when you have a story to share. Post a link!
4) Just like with all the stories on this site, zero characterizations of minors are allowed. Hate and bigotry have no place in this event.
5) Feedback by authors and readers is very welcome, but keep it constructive. All different skill levels of writers are encouraged to participate, so I ask everyone to be helpful and encouraging. If you've never given (or received) constructive criticism for creative writing before, here's a short essay that could be helpful: www.marykole.com/constructive-criticism

Ok, start writing!

Thank you for coming up with this! I hope more folks will join in and share some fun spicy feedist fic for us all to enjoy. 💗
1 month

Letters And Numbers:

The only rules are:

Ok, start writing!

Battybattybattybat:
Thank you for coming up with this! I hope more folks will join in and share some fun spicy feedist fic for us all to enjoy. 💗

Thanks Batty! I think it will be fun!

Since I’ve heard some confusion on the theme from a couple of folks, everyone is welcome to use this thread to ask questions. It’s meant to be very open ended and just provide a little moment of conflict or pivot to kickstart the story. The theme doesn’t have to be the first sentence, but it could be! It is in mine in this draft, but you never need to use the actual phrase.

Just think about what you might have left when the money is all gone: a bag of magic beans, enough to buy one Wonka bar, the money’s gone ‘cause you bought a warehouse full of discount shrimp, the money’s gone but someone is offering an opportunity. There are a billion possibilities.

It doesn’t have to be prose, either. Poetry would be fun! And it can be as long or short as you like (but somewhere between 2,000 and 5,000 words feels like a good spot for prose).
1 month

Love the idea as a way to switch it up! I'm pretty busy atm, but hoping to scrawl something out at some point during this month. Thanks for keeping up with it and innovating on the idea to juice engagement.
1 month

Just posted my first chapter with this prompt… might have to do 3 chapters tbh tell me what you think
fantasyfeeder.com/stories/view
1 month

Rcti:
Just posted my first chapter with this prompt… might have to do 3 chapters tbh tell me what you think

We have a first entry!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product! That’s a great start and you nailed the theme. Just keep in mind that under 18 protagonists are not allowed on this site, so as you’re continuing and revising you want to make sure there’s no confusion.

Edit - I misread, the high school gym teacher paragraph was a flashback, I thought the character was in high school at first. Carry on!
1 month

I'll take the challenge, I already have some ideas on how I could start.
1 month

Ok, start writing!

Here's my contribution! fantasyfeeder.com/stories/view

I've been writing more humans lately and had to counteract that with yet another monstrous and fat hero.
1 month

I got a little something scribbled down as well. Nothing too innovative, but it did get me writing which I appreciate.

fantasyfeeder.com/stories/view

Looking forward to see what others have come up with based on this.
1 month

I love how different everyone’s has been so far! Hoping to get mine up this week. The middle is being difficult.
1 month
12   loading